Jun 20, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
A smattering of minor transactions across the NHL…
Acquired off waivers from Colorado midway through last season, Yip endeared himself to head coach Barry Trotz and went on to appear in 25 games for the Preds (3G-4A-7PTS) and 10 playoff contests (1G-1A-2PTS).
Yip reportedly signed a one-way, one-year deal worth $750,000.
— The Minnesota Wild have lost yet another player to Europe: Cody Almond has signed with Geneve-Servette of the Swiss League. The move comes just weeks after Erik Christensen bolted Minnesota to join HC Lev of the KHL.
Almond, 22, was taken 140th overall by the Wild at the 2007 draft but had a difficult time cracking the the NHL. He played just 25 games with the Wild over the course of three seasons, spending most of his time with Houston of the AHL.
— Speaking of HC Lev (the only KHL team based in Prague), it appears Florida’s Michal Repik has agreed to terms with the club. The 23-year-old was taken 40th overall by Florida at the ’07 draft but, like Almond, had a difficult time sticking in the bigs.
His best year was in 2010-11 when he appeared in 31 games with the Panthers, scoring 2G-6A-8PTS.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 4
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)