Jun 20, 2012, 3:32 PM EST
A smattering of minor transactions across the NHL…
Acquired off waivers from Colorado midway through last season, Yip endeared himself to head coach Barry Trotz and went on to appear in 25 games for the Preds (3G-4A-7PTS) and 10 playoff contests (1G-1A-2PTS).
Yip reportedly signed a one-way, one-year deal worth $750,000.
– The Minnesota Wild have lost yet another player to Europe: Cody Almond has signed with Geneve-Servette of the Swiss League. The move comes just weeks after Erik Christensen bolted Minnesota to join HC Lev of the KHL.
Almond, 22, was taken 140th overall by the Wild at the 2007 draft but had a difficult time cracking the the NHL. He played just 25 games with the Wild over the course of three seasons, spending most of his time with Houston of the AHL.
– Speaking of HC Lev (the only KHL team based in Prague), it appears Florida’s Michal Repik has agreed to terms with the club. The 23-year-old was taken 40th overall by Florida at the ’07 draft but, like Almond, had a difficult time sticking in the bigs.
His best year was in 2010-11 when he appeared in 31 games with the Panthers, scoring 2G-6A-8PTS.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)