Jun 20, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
A smattering of minor transactions across the NHL…
Acquired off waivers from Colorado midway through last season, Yip endeared himself to head coach Barry Trotz and went on to appear in 25 games for the Preds (3G-4A-7PTS) and 10 playoff contests (1G-1A-2PTS).
Yip reportedly signed a one-way, one-year deal worth $750,000.
— The Minnesota Wild have lost yet another player to Europe: Cody Almond has signed with Geneve-Servette of the Swiss League. The move comes just weeks after Erik Christensen bolted Minnesota to join HC Lev of the KHL.
Almond, 22, was taken 140th overall by the Wild at the 2007 draft but had a difficult time cracking the the NHL. He played just 25 games with the Wild over the course of three seasons, spending most of his time with Houston of the AHL.
— Speaking of HC Lev (the only KHL team based in Prague), it appears Florida’s Michal Repik has agreed to terms with the club. The 23-year-old was taken 40th overall by Florida at the ’07 draft but, like Almond, had a difficult time sticking in the bigs.
His best year was in 2010-11 when he appeared in 31 games with the Panthers, scoring 2G-6A-8PTS.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)