Jun 20, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
Sounds like tough guy George Parros will be up for bids July 1.
Parros’s agent, George Bazos, told the OC Register that his client expects to test free agency after failing to reach a deal with the Ducks.
Bazos thinks there will be a “good deal of interest” in the 32-year-old enforcer. It’s just a matter of finding the right fit.
“Anytime a player hits free agency, there are major factors to look at,” said Bazos. “One is the city, the location. Two, obviously, is money. Three is where he fits on the team.”
Parros made 46 appearances for Anaheim in 2011-12, scoring once and dropping the gloves 11 times. HockeyFights.com says he went 7-2-2 in his fights, if that matters.
Parros only averaged 6:23 of ice time per game, but he wasn’t a defensive liability, finishing with a plus-1 rating. The 32-year-old Princeton product earned $875,000 last season.
Not every team has a designated enforcer, so that limits the market for Parros right off the bat. But there’s no questioning his toughness, and he seems like a character guy.
Also, he has a mustache.
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 5
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 16
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Pittsburgh releases Daniel Carcillo from tryout (22)