Jun 20, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
Sounds like tough guy George Parros will be up for bids July 1.
Parros’s agent, George Bazos, told the OC Register that his client expects to test free agency after failing to reach a deal with the Ducks.
Bazos thinks there will be a “good deal of interest” in the 32-year-old enforcer. It’s just a matter of finding the right fit.
“Anytime a player hits free agency, there are major factors to look at,” said Bazos. “One is the city, the location. Two, obviously, is money. Three is where he fits on the team.”
Parros made 46 appearances for Anaheim in 2011-12, scoring once and dropping the gloves 11 times. HockeyFights.com says he went 7-2-2 in his fights, if that matters.
Parros only averaged 6:23 of ice time per game, but he wasn’t a defensive liability, finishing with a plus-1 rating. The 32-year-old Princeton product earned $875,000 last season.
Not every team has a designated enforcer, so that limits the market for Parros right off the bat. But there’s no questioning his toughness, and he seems like a character guy.
Also, he has a mustache.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)