Jun 20, 2012, 6:01 PM EST
Sounds like tough guy George Parros will be up for bids July 1.
Parros’s agent, George Bazos, told the OC Register that his client expects to test free agency after failing to reach a deal with the Ducks.
Bazos thinks there will be a “good deal of interest” in the 32-year-old enforcer. It’s just a matter of finding the right fit.
“Anytime a player hits free agency, there are major factors to look at,” said Bazos. “One is the city, the location. Two, obviously, is money. Three is where he fits on the team.”
Parros made 46 appearances for Anaheim in 2011-12, scoring once and dropping the gloves 11 times. HockeyFights.com says he went 7-2-2 in his fights, if that matters.
Parros only averaged 6:23 of ice time per game, but he wasn’t a defensive liability, finishing with a plus-1 rating. The 32-year-old Princeton product earned $875,000 last season.
Not every team has a designated enforcer, so that limits the market for Parros right off the bat. But there’s no questioning his toughness, and he seems like a character guy.
Also, he has a mustache.
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 1
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 2
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 10
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 27
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3