Jun 20, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
Sounds like tough guy George Parros will be up for bids July 1.
Parros’s agent, George Bazos, told the OC Register that his client expects to test free agency after failing to reach a deal with the Ducks.
Bazos thinks there will be a “good deal of interest” in the 32-year-old enforcer. It’s just a matter of finding the right fit.
“Anytime a player hits free agency, there are major factors to look at,” said Bazos. “One is the city, the location. Two, obviously, is money. Three is where he fits on the team.”
Parros made 46 appearances for Anaheim in 2011-12, scoring once and dropping the gloves 11 times. HockeyFights.com says he went 7-2-2 in his fights, if that matters.
Parros only averaged 6:23 of ice time per game, but he wasn’t a defensive liability, finishing with a plus-1 rating. The 32-year-old Princeton product earned $875,000 last season.
Not every team has a designated enforcer, so that limits the market for Parros right off the bat. But there’s no questioning his toughness, and he seems like a character guy.
Also, he has a mustache.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)