Jun 20, 2012, 6:01 PM EST
Sounds like tough guy George Parros will be up for bids July 1.
Parros’s agent, George Bazos, told the OC Register that his client expects to test free agency after failing to reach a deal with the Ducks.
Bazos thinks there will be a “good deal of interest” in the 32-year-old enforcer. It’s just a matter of finding the right fit.
“Anytime a player hits free agency, there are major factors to look at,” said Bazos. “One is the city, the location. Two, obviously, is money. Three is where he fits on the team.”
Parros made 46 appearances for Anaheim in 2011-12, scoring once and dropping the gloves 11 times. HockeyFights.com says he went 7-2-2 in his fights, if that matters.
Parros only averaged 6:23 of ice time per game, but he wasn’t a defensive liability, finishing with a plus-1 rating. The 32-year-old Princeton product earned $875,000 last season.
Not every team has a designated enforcer, so that limits the market for Parros right off the bat. But there’s no questioning his toughness, and he seems like a character guy.
Also, he has a mustache.
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 0
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 12
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)