Jun 20, 2012, 10:24 PM EDT
In addition to handing out plenty of awards, the 2011-12 All-Star and All-Rookie squads were named on Wednesday. Both teams were selected by the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association.
Forwards and Calder Trophy finalists Gabriel Landeskog of the Colorado Avalanche, Adam Henrique of the New Jersey Devils, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins of the Edmonton Oilers were selected as the three forwards on the All-Rookie team.
Shea Weber of the Nashville Predators and Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators were selected as the squads’ two defensemen. Vezina Trophy winner Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers is the final member of the First All-Star team.
The Second All-Star team features Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick. Their defensive corps consists of Zdeno Chara of the Boston Bruins and Alex Pietrangelo of the St. Louis Blues. The squads forwards are Tampa Bay’s Steven Stamkos, Phoenix’s Ray Whitney, and the New York Rangers’ Marian Gaborik.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)