Jun 20, 2012, 10:24 PM EDT
In addition to handing out plenty of awards, the 2011-12 All-Star and All-Rookie squads were named on Wednesday. Both teams were selected by the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association.
Forwards and Calder Trophy finalists Gabriel Landeskog of the Colorado Avalanche, Adam Henrique of the New Jersey Devils, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins of the Edmonton Oilers were selected as the three forwards on the All-Rookie team.
Shea Weber of the Nashville Predators and Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators were selected as the squads’ two defensemen. Vezina Trophy winner Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers is the final member of the First All-Star team.
The Second All-Star team features Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick. Their defensive corps consists of Zdeno Chara of the Boston Bruins and Alex Pietrangelo of the St. Louis Blues. The squads forwards are Tampa Bay’s Steven Stamkos, Phoenix’s Ray Whitney, and the New York Rangers’ Marian Gaborik.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (90)