Jun 20, 2012, 10:24 PM EDT
In addition to handing out plenty of awards, the 2011-12 All-Star and All-Rookie squads were named on Wednesday. Both teams were selected by the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association.
Forwards and Calder Trophy finalists Gabriel Landeskog of the Colorado Avalanche, Adam Henrique of the New Jersey Devils, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins of the Edmonton Oilers were selected as the three forwards on the All-Rookie team.
Shea Weber of the Nashville Predators and Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators were selected as the squads’ two defensemen. Vezina Trophy winner Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers is the final member of the First All-Star team.
The Second All-Star team features Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick. Their defensive corps consists of Zdeno Chara of the Boston Bruins and Alex Pietrangelo of the St. Louis Blues. The squads forwards are Tampa Bay’s Steven Stamkos, Phoenix’s Ray Whitney, and the New York Rangers’ Marian Gaborik.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11