Jun 20, 2012, 10:24 PM EDT
In addition to handing out plenty of awards, the 2011-12 All-Star and All-Rookie squads were named on Wednesday. Both teams were selected by the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association.
Forwards and Calder Trophy finalists Gabriel Landeskog of the Colorado Avalanche, Adam Henrique of the New Jersey Devils, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins of the Edmonton Oilers were selected as the three forwards on the All-Rookie team.
Shea Weber of the Nashville Predators and Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators were selected as the squads’ two defensemen. Vezina Trophy winner Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers is the final member of the First All-Star team.
The Second All-Star team features Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick. Their defensive corps consists of Zdeno Chara of the Boston Bruins and Alex Pietrangelo of the St. Louis Blues. The squads forwards are Tampa Bay’s Steven Stamkos, Phoenix’s Ray Whitney, and the New York Rangers’ Marian Gaborik.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 7
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9