Jun 20, 2012, 10:24 PM EDT
In addition to handing out plenty of awards, the 2011-12 All-Star and All-Rookie squads were named on Wednesday. Both teams were selected by the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association.
Forwards and Calder Trophy finalists Gabriel Landeskog of the Colorado Avalanche, Adam Henrique of the New Jersey Devils, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins of the Edmonton Oilers were selected as the three forwards on the All-Rookie team.
Shea Weber of the Nashville Predators and Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators were selected as the squads’ two defensemen. Vezina Trophy winner Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers is the final member of the First All-Star team.
The Second All-Star team features Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick. Their defensive corps consists of Zdeno Chara of the Boston Bruins and Alex Pietrangelo of the St. Louis Blues. The squads forwards are Tampa Bay’s Steven Stamkos, Phoenix’s Ray Whitney, and the New York Rangers’ Marian Gaborik.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 49
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)