Jun 20, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Arnott and Devils GM Lou Lamoriello will probably talk informally during the NHL Entry Draft, but it’s unlikely that the two sides will come to agreement this week. In fact, it looks like Arnott will talk to Parise on Monday so that the two of them can formulate a game plan.
That would leave the New Jersey Devils with just one week to lock up Parise before he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Is that enough time to get something done? Sure, but every time the can gets kicked down the road, it becomes more and more likely that Parise will simply see what’s available to him as an unrestricted free agent.
There are any number of teams that will be willing to present him with very lucrative offers if he’s on the market on July 1. Two of the frontrunners would likely be the Detroit Red Wings and Minnesota Wild, but it’s safe to say they won’t be the only teams willing to bid against the Devils if they’re given the chance.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)