Jun 20, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Arnott and Devils GM Lou Lamoriello will probably talk informally during the NHL Entry Draft, but it’s unlikely that the two sides will come to agreement this week. In fact, it looks like Arnott will talk to Parise on Monday so that the two of them can formulate a game plan.
That would leave the New Jersey Devils with just one week to lock up Parise before he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Is that enough time to get something done? Sure, but every time the can gets kicked down the road, it becomes more and more likely that Parise will simply see what’s available to him as an unrestricted free agent.
There are any number of teams that will be willing to present him with very lucrative offers if he’s on the market on July 1. Two of the frontrunners would likely be the Detroit Red Wings and Minnesota Wild, but it’s safe to say they won’t be the only teams willing to bid against the Devils if they’re given the chance.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)