Jun 20, 2012, 6:40 PM EST
Arnott and Devils GM Lou Lamoriello will probably talk informally during the NHL Entry Draft, but it’s unlikely that the two sides will come to agreement this week. In fact, it looks like Arnott will talk to Parise on Monday so that the two of them can formulate a game plan.
That would leave the New Jersey Devils with just one week to lock up Parise before he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Is that enough time to get something done? Sure, but every time the can gets kicked down the road, it becomes more and more likely that Parise will simply see what’s available to him as an unrestricted free agent.
There are any number of teams that will be willing to present him with very lucrative offers if he’s on the market on July 1. Two of the frontrunners would likely be the Detroit Red Wings and Minnesota Wild, but it’s safe to say they won’t be the only teams willing to bid against the Devils if they’re given the chance.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 7
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 13
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 28
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)