Jun 20, 2012, 6:40 PM EST
Arnott and Devils GM Lou Lamoriello will probably talk informally during the NHL Entry Draft, but it’s unlikely that the two sides will come to agreement this week. In fact, it looks like Arnott will talk to Parise on Monday so that the two of them can formulate a game plan.
That would leave the New Jersey Devils with just one week to lock up Parise before he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Is that enough time to get something done? Sure, but every time the can gets kicked down the road, it becomes more and more likely that Parise will simply see what’s available to him as an unrestricted free agent.
There are any number of teams that will be willing to present him with very lucrative offers if he’s on the market on July 1. Two of the frontrunners would likely be the Detroit Red Wings and Minnesota Wild, but it’s safe to say they won’t be the only teams willing to bid against the Devils if they’re given the chance.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 0
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)