Jun 20, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
You have to give the Columbus Blue Jackets some credit, they’re assembling quite the cast of names for positions with the team.
Today, the Jackets announced the hiring of Craig Hartsburg as associate coach under Todd Richards. Hartsburg is a former head coach with the Chicago Blackhawks, Anaheim Ducks, and Ottawa Senators and Richards is more than happy to have him on board.
“Craig Hartsburg has been a successful head coach at every level of hockey including the NHL, has been an assistant or associate coach in the League and was an All-Star as a player, so I feel very fortunate to add a coach and person of his caliber to our staff,” said Richards. “He will be a valuable resource for me, our staff and players, and I am very happy to welcome him to the Columbus Blue Jackets.”
Hartsburg joining up as an associate head coach along with Craig Patrick working in the front office along with Scott Howson gives Columbus some big hockey names to go with their organization. Add in their apparent pursuit of John Davidson to join the team and the Blue Jackets almost seem… legitimate.
Now if the team could find a way to make the names on the ice more of a big deal maybe they’ll have something going there. One other note: Craig Hartsburg is also the former head coach of the Everett Silvertips in the WHL and coached Ryan Murray there. Well isn’t that a happy coincidence!
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)