Jun 20, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
You have to give the Columbus Blue Jackets some credit, they’re assembling quite the cast of names for positions with the team.
Today, the Jackets announced the hiring of Craig Hartsburg as associate coach under Todd Richards. Hartsburg is a former head coach with the Chicago Blackhawks, Anaheim Ducks, and Ottawa Senators and Richards is more than happy to have him on board.
“Craig Hartsburg has been a successful head coach at every level of hockey including the NHL, has been an assistant or associate coach in the League and was an All-Star as a player, so I feel very fortunate to add a coach and person of his caliber to our staff,” said Richards. “He will be a valuable resource for me, our staff and players, and I am very happy to welcome him to the Columbus Blue Jackets.”
Hartsburg joining up as an associate head coach along with Craig Patrick working in the front office along with Scott Howson gives Columbus some big hockey names to go with their organization. Add in their apparent pursuit of John Davidson to join the team and the Blue Jackets almost seem… legitimate.
Now if the team could find a way to make the names on the ice more of a big deal maybe they’ll have something going there. One other note: Craig Hartsburg is also the former head coach of the Everett Silvertips in the WHL and coached Ryan Murray there. Well isn’t that a happy coincidence!
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)