Jun 20, 2012, 10:40 AM EST
You have to give the Columbus Blue Jackets some credit, they’re assembling quite the cast of names for positions with the team.
Today, the Jackets announced the hiring of Craig Hartsburg as associate coach under Todd Richards. Hartsburg is a former head coach with the Chicago Blackhawks, Anaheim Ducks, and Ottawa Senators and Richards is more than happy to have him on board.
“Craig Hartsburg has been a successful head coach at every level of hockey including the NHL, has been an assistant or associate coach in the League and was an All-Star as a player, so I feel very fortunate to add a coach and person of his caliber to our staff,” said Richards. “He will be a valuable resource for me, our staff and players, and I am very happy to welcome him to the Columbus Blue Jackets.”
Hartsburg joining up as an associate head coach along with Craig Patrick working in the front office along with Scott Howson gives Columbus some big hockey names to go with their organization. Add in their apparent pursuit of John Davidson to join the team and the Blue Jackets almost seem… legitimate.
Now if the team could find a way to make the names on the ice more of a big deal maybe they’ll have something going there. One other note: Craig Hartsburg is also the former head coach of the Everett Silvertips in the WHL and coached Ryan Murray there. Well isn’t that a happy coincidence!
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 28
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 67
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)