Jun 19, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Veikkaaja says the 42-year-old has been skating in Anaheim and will continue to do so in Finland this summer, with only “a major injury or some other setback” possibly preventing his 20th NHL season.
In an interesting postscript, Finnish hockey scribe Matias Strozyk reports Selanne also has a standing offer to join the Ducks’ front office once his playing days are done.
Alluding to a similar situation with Luc Robitaille and the Kings — Lucky Luc joined the Kings as the President of Business Operations a year after retirement — Strozyyk said Selanne will be allowed to pick a job of his choosing.
Note: If you’re questioning the validity of said Veikkaaja report, here’s a note from one of the magazine’s hockey writers…
That’s in reference to Vesa Rantanen, the magazine’s sports editor.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)