Jun 19, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
Veikkaaja says the 42-year-old has been skating in Anaheim and will continue to do so in Finland this summer, with only “a major injury or some other setback” possibly preventing his 20th NHL season.
In an interesting postscript, Finnish hockey scribe Matias Strozyk reports Selanne also has a standing offer to join the Ducks’ front office once his playing days are done.
Alluding to a similar situation with Luc Robitaille and the Kings — Lucky Luc joined the Kings as the President of Business Operations a year after retirement — Strozyyk said Selanne will be allowed to pick a job of his choosing.
Note: If you’re questioning the validity of said Veikkaaja report, here’s a note from one of the magazine’s hockey writers…
That’s in reference to Vesa Rantanen, the magazine’s sports editor.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)