Jun 19, 2012, 12:51 PM EST
Weeks after leaving his post with the Washington Capitals, Dale Hunter is returning to the head coaching ranks.
Just not in the NHL.
The London Free Press reports Hunter will resume bench boss duties with the OHL’s London Knights next season. He’ll replace his brother, Mark, who led the Knights to the Memorial Cup final last season while Dale was off taking the Caps to within a game of the Eastern Conference finals.
While it was somewhat surprising when Hunter abruptly left the Caps on May 14, there was little surprise when he bolted straight back to London. He’s both the co-owner and president of the team and has been named OHL coach of the year three times in his 11 years behind the Knights bench.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56