Jun 19, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Welcome back to the rumor mill, Bobby Ryan. It’s like you never left.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Ryan is once again “available.” The 25-year-old Anaheim forward was previously available in late November, according to a report. However, he was taken off the market when Ducks coach Randy Carlyle was fired and Bruce Boudreau was hired.
Ryan had 31 goals and 26 assists in 2011-12, his fourth consecutive 30-goal season.
Three years remain on Ryan’s contract at an annual cap hit of $5.1 million, after which he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
It’s worth noting at this point that Ducks forwards Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry have one year remaining on each of their contracts before they can become unrestricted. Both players are in line for raises (their current cap hits are $5.325 million each.)
If McKenzie’s information is accurate, perhaps Ryan is being shopped in order to free up salary to extend Getzlaf and Perry. The Ducks aren’t a team that’s likely to spend to the salary cap anytime soon.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)