Jun 19, 2012, 6:20 PM EST
Welcome back to the rumor mill, Bobby Ryan. It’s like you never left.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Ryan is once again “available.” The 25-year-old Anaheim forward was previously available in late November, according to a report. However, he was taken off the market when Ducks coach Randy Carlyle was fired and Bruce Boudreau was hired.
Ryan had 31 goals and 26 assists in 2011-12, his fourth consecutive 30-goal season.
Three years remain on Ryan’s contract at an annual cap hit of $5.1 million, after which he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
It’s worth noting at this point that Ducks forwards Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry have one year remaining on each of their contracts before they can become unrestricted. Both players are in line for raises (their current cap hits are $5.325 million each.)
If McKenzie’s information is accurate, perhaps Ryan is being shopped in order to free up salary to extend Getzlaf and Perry. The Ducks aren’t a team that’s likely to spend to the salary cap anytime soon.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 5
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)