Jun 19, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Welcome back to the rumor mill, Bobby Ryan. It’s like you never left.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Ryan is once again “available.” The 25-year-old Anaheim forward was previously available in late November, according to a report. However, he was taken off the market when Ducks coach Randy Carlyle was fired and Bruce Boudreau was hired.
Ryan had 31 goals and 26 assists in 2011-12, his fourth consecutive 30-goal season.
Three years remain on Ryan’s contract at an annual cap hit of $5.1 million, after which he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
It’s worth noting at this point that Ducks forwards Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry have one year remaining on each of their contracts before they can become unrestricted. Both players are in line for raises (their current cap hits are $5.325 million each.)
If McKenzie’s information is accurate, perhaps Ryan is being shopped in order to free up salary to extend Getzlaf and Perry. The Ducks aren’t a team that’s likely to spend to the salary cap anytime soon.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 16
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)