Jun 19, 2012, 10:26 AM EST
Over the weekend we shared with you the story about how the Los Angeles Kings lost track of where their Stanley Cup-winning puck was. All we could see on video was Jordan Nolan skating in the same general area as the puck when the final horn sounded and then… Nothing.
The following video of the last two minutes of the game, and the ensuing celebration, clearly shows New Jersey’s Patrik Elias flip the puck into his glove and then skate off the ice. After it goes into Elias’ glove, it’s not seen again. Elias goes to the Devils’ bench, then returns to the ice after a few moments for the handshake line.
Here’s the video in question Hammond speaks of. It’s a bit lengthy, so just skip to the closing seconds of the game to do your own Zapruder-film-like examination.
Hammond wonders if Elias would actually be so petty by keeping the puck. Taking the game puck was never a big deal to Chris Pronger back in 2010 so perhaps this is something the players just don’t give a crap about while fans go nuts over it. Besides, the Kings won the Stanley Cup, if Elias wants to keep the puck as some sort of moral victory, let ‘em have it.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)