Jun 19, 2012, 10:06 PM EST
Shoalts refers specifically to the Toronto Maple Leafs, previously believed to be interested in Tomas Vokoun (signed with Pittsburgh) and Harding. But with those two off the market, the list of available UFA goalies gets pretty thin.
One unnamed general manager told Shoalts that Canucks GM Mike Gillis has “the top guy to trade right now,” referring to Luongo.
And it’s true – he is the best goalie on the market. But what about the contract he comes with?
The Canucks are reportedly telling interested teams they have “multiple offers” on Luongo.
Of course, even if they’re telling the truth and not bluffing, the offers may well involve assets heading to Vancouver that are, in reality, liabilities.
From the outside looking in, Luongo-to-the-Leafs makes sense. However, we might be in for a lengthy game of chicken between Burke and Gillis before anything happens.
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 0
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 4
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 20
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8