Jun 19, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres want to make a deal. Buffalo isn’t enamored with a lot of the talent in this year’s draft and they’d love to move picks to get established players.
GM Darcy Regier tells Mike Harrington of The Buffalo News that finding someone to dance with them, however, is proving to be a bit more difficult than they’d hope.
“More calls have gone out than I’ve been receiving,” Regier said. “But that doesn’t mean it won’t change. The tendency is for this thing to ramp up as you approach the draft and when you get on the floor, it gets a little crazier.”
Harrington also reports the Sabres aren’t in love with the Russian talent in the draft. Somewhere, Maxim Afinogenov is nodding his head and saying, “No kidding.”
The Sabres are picking 12th and 21st overall in the first round and if there are teams that see someone they’d like to grab when it’s Buffalo’s turn to pick and the Sabres don’t like what they see, Regier has the chance to check out. If you’re expecting a big return though, you might be left disappointed.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)