Jun 19, 2012, 9:23 AM EST
The Buffalo Sabres want to make a deal. Buffalo isn’t enamored with a lot of the talent in this year’s draft and they’d love to move picks to get established players.
GM Darcy Regier tells Mike Harrington of The Buffalo News that finding someone to dance with them, however, is proving to be a bit more difficult than they’d hope.
“More calls have gone out than I’ve been receiving,” Regier said. “But that doesn’t mean it won’t change. The tendency is for this thing to ramp up as you approach the draft and when you get on the floor, it gets a little crazier.”
Harrington also reports the Sabres aren’t in love with the Russian talent in the draft. Somewhere, Maxim Afinogenov is nodding his head and saying, “No kidding.”
The Sabres are picking 12th and 21st overall in the first round and if there are teams that see someone they’d like to grab when it’s Buffalo’s turn to pick and the Sabres don’t like what they see, Regier has the chance to check out. If you’re expecting a big return though, you might be left disappointed.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 32
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)