Jun 19, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
Gary Bettman didn’t provide much of an update on the Phoenix Coyotes’ sale, but the NHL’s plans seem optimistic. Here’s what Bill Daly told Nick Cotsonika and other media members about next season’s schedule.
“It’s coming out soon, and there will be Phoenix Coyotes in Glendale, Arizona. Absolutely,” Daly said.
Naturally, there’s still much to resolve – for the Coyotes and the league as a whole. The NHL’s schedulers have shown the ability to think on their feet before,* but for now, they’re taking an optimistic approach.
* -See: finding a way to make it reasonably manageable for the Winnipeg Jets to remain in the Southeast Division.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 0
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 7
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 52
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 15
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)