Jun 19, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
Gary Bettman didn’t provide much of an update on the Phoenix Coyotes’ sale, but the NHL’s plans seem optimistic. Here’s what Bill Daly told Nick Cotsonika and other media members about next season’s schedule.
“It’s coming out soon, and there will be Phoenix Coyotes in Glendale, Arizona. Absolutely,” Daly said.
Naturally, there’s still much to resolve – for the Coyotes and the league as a whole. The NHL’s schedulers have shown the ability to think on their feet before,* but for now, they’re taking an optimistic approach.
* -See: finding a way to make it reasonably manageable for the Winnipeg Jets to remain in the Southeast Division.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 4
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)