Jun 19, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
Gary Bettman didn’t provide much of an update on the Phoenix Coyotes’ sale, but the NHL’s plans seem optimistic. Here’s what Bill Daly told Nick Cotsonika and other media members about next season’s schedule.
“It’s coming out soon, and there will be Phoenix Coyotes in Glendale, Arizona. Absolutely,” Daly said.
Naturally, there’s still much to resolve – for the Coyotes and the league as a whole. The NHL’s schedulers have shown the ability to think on their feet before,* but for now, they’re taking an optimistic approach.
* -See: finding a way to make it reasonably manageable for the Winnipeg Jets to remain in the Southeast Division.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 2
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55