Jun 19, 2012, 11:54 PM EST
Gary Bettman didn’t provide much of an update on the Phoenix Coyotes’ sale, but the NHL’s plans seem optimistic. Here’s what Bill Daly told Nick Cotsonika and other media members about next season’s schedule.
“It’s coming out soon, and there will be Phoenix Coyotes in Glendale, Arizona. Absolutely,” Daly said.
Naturally, there’s still much to resolve – for the Coyotes and the league as a whole. The NHL’s schedulers have shown the ability to think on their feet before,* but for now, they’re taking an optimistic approach.
* -See: finding a way to make it reasonably manageable for the Winnipeg Jets to remain in the Southeast Division.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)