Jun 19, 2012, 11:54 PM EST
Gary Bettman didn’t provide much of an update on the Phoenix Coyotes’ sale, but the NHL’s plans seem optimistic. Here’s what Bill Daly told Nick Cotsonika and other media members about next season’s schedule.
“It’s coming out soon, and there will be Phoenix Coyotes in Glendale, Arizona. Absolutely,” Daly said.
Naturally, there’s still much to resolve – for the Coyotes and the league as a whole. The NHL’s schedulers have shown the ability to think on their feet before,* but for now, they’re taking an optimistic approach.
* -See: finding a way to make it reasonably manageable for the Winnipeg Jets to remain in the Southeast Division.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)