Jun 18, 2012, 10:22 PM EDT
We have a couple of minor signings to bring to your attention:
– The Tampa Bay Lightning have announced the signing of Mike Angelidis to a one-year, two-way deal. He had a goal in six games with Tampa Bay last season and participated in an additional 54 contests with the AHL Norfolk Admirals.
Angelidis will turn 27 in June, so his chances of establishing himself as a regular at the NHL level are rapidly fading.
– According to the Bergen Record, Harri Pesonen has agreed to a one-year, two-way contract with the New Jersey Devils.
Pesonen will be making the transition to North American hockey after scoring 21 goals and 35 points in 60 games with JyP of the SM-liiga.
“Our Finnish scout thinks very highly of him,” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said.
He’ll probably be given a shot to make the team out of training camp, but he might require some time in the minors to make the adjustment go smoother.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 2
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)