Jun 18, 2012, 10:22 PM EDT
We have a couple of minor signings to bring to your attention:
— The Tampa Bay Lightning have announced the signing of Mike Angelidis to a one-year, two-way deal. He had a goal in six games with Tampa Bay last season and participated in an additional 54 contests with the AHL Norfolk Admirals.
Angelidis will turn 27 in June, so his chances of establishing himself as a regular at the NHL level are rapidly fading.
— According to the Bergen Record, Harri Pesonen has agreed to a one-year, two-way contract with the New Jersey Devils.
Pesonen will be making the transition to North American hockey after scoring 21 goals and 35 points in 60 games with JyP of the SM-liiga.
“Our Finnish scout thinks very highly of him,” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said.
He’ll probably be given a shot to make the team out of training camp, but he might require some time in the minors to make the adjustment go smoother.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 2
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 22
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)