Jun 18, 2012, 10:22 PM EST
We have a couple of minor signings to bring to your attention:
– The Tampa Bay Lightning have announced the signing of Mike Angelidis to a one-year, two-way deal. He had a goal in six games with Tampa Bay last season and participated in an additional 54 contests with the AHL Norfolk Admirals.
Angelidis will turn 27 in June, so his chances of establishing himself as a regular at the NHL level are rapidly fading.
– According to the Bergen Record, Harri Pesonen has agreed to a one-year, two-way contract with the New Jersey Devils.
Pesonen will be making the transition to North American hockey after scoring 21 goals and 35 points in 60 games with JyP of the SM-liiga.
“Our Finnish scout thinks very highly of him,” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said.
He’ll probably be given a shot to make the team out of training camp, but he might require some time in the minors to make the adjustment go smoother.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8