Jun 18, 2012, 10:22 PM EDT
We have a couple of minor signings to bring to your attention:
– The Tampa Bay Lightning have announced the signing of Mike Angelidis to a one-year, two-way deal. He had a goal in six games with Tampa Bay last season and participated in an additional 54 contests with the AHL Norfolk Admirals.
Angelidis will turn 27 in June, so his chances of establishing himself as a regular at the NHL level are rapidly fading.
– According to the Bergen Record, Harri Pesonen has agreed to a one-year, two-way contract with the New Jersey Devils.
Pesonen will be making the transition to North American hockey after scoring 21 goals and 35 points in 60 games with JyP of the SM-liiga.
“Our Finnish scout thinks very highly of him,” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said.
He’ll probably be given a shot to make the team out of training camp, but he might require some time in the minors to make the adjustment go smoother.
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 1
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 68
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 23
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination