Jun 18, 2012, 12:29 PM EDT
Alexander Radulov‘s next landing spot has been up for debate since the Predators were ousted from the playoffs. Preds GM David Poile says he’s not coming back to Nashville, the Rangers reportedly have interest in him and the KHL is eager to bring him back to Russia. According to one Russian publication, that’s just what will happen.
Izvestia.ru has a report from Radulov’s Russian agent, Yuri Nikolayev, says his client will return to the KHL and play for CSKA Moscow. Yahoo! Sports’ Dmitry Chesnokov translated the Izvestia report and what Nikolayev has to say about what’s next for Radulov.
“Alexander no longer has thoughts, watching the sea, whether he should go to the NHL or play in the KHL,” Nikolaev told Izvestiya.
“We are negotiating with CSKA about a personal contract. However we are not in CSKA yet; there are matters we have to discuss with the club’s general managers.”
What’s making Radulov want to work things out with CSKA, according to his agent, is the threat of a lockout in the NHL this upcoming season. Oh, right. That whole thing.
As Chesnokov reports, Radulov still has a year left on his KHL deal but CSKA would likely demand a longer commitment than just the one season if/when he comes back to Russia.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 9
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)