Jun 18, 2012, 12:29 PM EST
Alexander Radulov‘s next landing spot has been up for debate since the Predators were ousted from the playoffs. Preds GM David Poile says he’s not coming back to Nashville, the Rangers reportedly have interest in him and the KHL is eager to bring him back to Russia. According to one Russian publication, that’s just what will happen.
Izvestia.ru has a report from Radulov’s Russian agent, Yuri Nikolayev, says his client will return to the KHL and play for CSKA Moscow. Yahoo! Sports’ Dmitry Chesnokov translated the Izvestia report and what Nikolayev has to say about what’s next for Radulov.
“Alexander no longer has thoughts, watching the sea, whether he should go to the NHL or play in the KHL,” Nikolaev told Izvestiya.
“We are negotiating with CSKA about a personal contract. However we are not in CSKA yet; there are matters we have to discuss with the club’s general managers.”
What’s making Radulov want to work things out with CSKA, according to his agent, is the threat of a lockout in the NHL this upcoming season. Oh, right. That whole thing.
As Chesnokov reports, Radulov still has a year left on his KHL deal but CSKA would likely demand a longer commitment than just the one season if/when he comes back to Russia.
- Trade: Rangers land Keith Yandle 0
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 18
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (129)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)