Jun 18, 2012, 12:29 PM EDT
Alexander Radulov‘s next landing spot has been up for debate since the Predators were ousted from the playoffs. Preds GM David Poile says he’s not coming back to Nashville, the Rangers reportedly have interest in him and the KHL is eager to bring him back to Russia. According to one Russian publication, that’s just what will happen.
Izvestia.ru has a report from Radulov’s Russian agent, Yuri Nikolayev, says his client will return to the KHL and play for CSKA Moscow. Yahoo! Sports’ Dmitry Chesnokov translated the Izvestia report and what Nikolayev has to say about what’s next for Radulov.
“Alexander no longer has thoughts, watching the sea, whether he should go to the NHL or play in the KHL,” Nikolaev told Izvestiya.
“We are negotiating with CSKA about a personal contract. However we are not in CSKA yet; there are matters we have to discuss with the club’s general managers.”
What’s making Radulov want to work things out with CSKA, according to his agent, is the threat of a lockout in the NHL this upcoming season. Oh, right. That whole thing.
As Chesnokov reports, Radulov still has a year left on his KHL deal but CSKA would likely demand a longer commitment than just the one season if/when he comes back to Russia.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 8
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)