Jun 18, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
Players hiding injuries through the playoffs to help their team win is nothing new. For the New Jersey Devils, it was clear Ilya Kovalchuk was doing just that, something coach Peter DeBoer made note of after the finals.
Now GM Lou Lamoriello tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger Kovalchuk isn’t alone on that list of skating wounded for New Jersey, just don’t expect him to go naming names.
He would not name the other players still bothered by injuries and said Kovalchuk is not necessarily at the top of the list of concerns. He said some players played through injuries without letting the team know the extent of the problems.
“They’re all the same right now as far as anybody who has had anything lingering. Sometimes you don’t even know about (an injury) because it is a certain player,” the GM said.
“Everybody is on board. Everybody has been addressed and everybody is following through with what they are supposed to do.”
They can rebuild them, they have the technology… They just might have to go to a bargain basement surgeon to get things taken care of. Anyone seen Dr. Nick Riviera around?
Not having names nor injuries to put together takes some of the interest out of this. After all, everyone plays hurt through the playoffs.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)