Jun 18, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
Players hiding injuries through the playoffs to help their team win is nothing new. For the New Jersey Devils, it was clear Ilya Kovalchuk was doing just that, something coach Peter DeBoer made note of after the finals.
Now GM Lou Lamoriello tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger Kovalchuk isn’t alone on that list of skating wounded for New Jersey, just don’t expect him to go naming names.
He would not name the other players still bothered by injuries and said Kovalchuk is not necessarily at the top of the list of concerns. He said some players played through injuries without letting the team know the extent of the problems.
“They’re all the same right now as far as anybody who has had anything lingering. Sometimes you don’t even know about (an injury) because it is a certain player,” the GM said.
“Everybody is on board. Everybody has been addressed and everybody is following through with what they are supposed to do.”
They can rebuild them, they have the technology… They just might have to go to a bargain basement surgeon to get things taken care of. Anyone seen Dr. Nick Riviera around?
Not having names nor injuries to put together takes some of the interest out of this. After all, everyone plays hurt through the playoffs.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)