Jun 18, 2012, 11:15 AM EST
Players hiding injuries through the playoffs to help their team win is nothing new. For the New Jersey Devils, it was clear Ilya Kovalchuk was doing just that, something coach Peter DeBoer made note of after the finals.
Now GM Lou Lamoriello tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger Kovalchuk isn’t alone on that list of skating wounded for New Jersey, just don’t expect him to go naming names.
He would not name the other players still bothered by injuries and said Kovalchuk is not necessarily at the top of the list of concerns. He said some players played through injuries without letting the team know the extent of the problems.
“They’re all the same right now as far as anybody who has had anything lingering. Sometimes you don’t even know about (an injury) because it is a certain player,” the GM said.
“Everybody is on board. Everybody has been addressed and everybody is following through with what they are supposed to do.”
They can rebuild them, they have the technology… They just might have to go to a bargain basement surgeon to get things taken care of. Anyone seen Dr. Nick Riviera around?
Not having names nor injuries to put together takes some of the interest out of this. After all, everyone plays hurt through the playoffs.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)