Jun 18, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
Players hiding injuries through the playoffs to help their team win is nothing new. For the New Jersey Devils, it was clear Ilya Kovalchuk was doing just that, something coach Peter DeBoer made note of after the finals.
Now GM Lou Lamoriello tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger Kovalchuk isn’t alone on that list of skating wounded for New Jersey, just don’t expect him to go naming names.
He would not name the other players still bothered by injuries and said Kovalchuk is not necessarily at the top of the list of concerns. He said some players played through injuries without letting the team know the extent of the problems.
“They’re all the same right now as far as anybody who has had anything lingering. Sometimes you don’t even know about (an injury) because it is a certain player,” the GM said.
“Everybody is on board. Everybody has been addressed and everybody is following through with what they are supposed to do.”
They can rebuild them, they have the technology… They just might have to go to a bargain basement surgeon to get things taken care of. Anyone seen Dr. Nick Riviera around?
Not having names nor injuries to put together takes some of the interest out of this. After all, everyone plays hurt through the playoffs.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)