Jun 18, 2012, 11:15 AM EST
Players hiding injuries through the playoffs to help their team win is nothing new. For the New Jersey Devils, it was clear Ilya Kovalchuk was doing just that, something coach Peter DeBoer made note of after the finals.
Now GM Lou Lamoriello tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger Kovalchuk isn’t alone on that list of skating wounded for New Jersey, just don’t expect him to go naming names.
He would not name the other players still bothered by injuries and said Kovalchuk is not necessarily at the top of the list of concerns. He said some players played through injuries without letting the team know the extent of the problems.
“They’re all the same right now as far as anybody who has had anything lingering. Sometimes you don’t even know about (an injury) because it is a certain player,” the GM said.
“Everybody is on board. Everybody has been addressed and everybody is following through with what they are supposed to do.”
They can rebuild them, they have the technology… They just might have to go to a bargain basement surgeon to get things taken care of. Anyone seen Dr. Nick Riviera around?
Not having names nor injuries to put together takes some of the interest out of this. After all, everyone plays hurt through the playoffs.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)