Jun 18, 2012, 8:33 PM EST
Since 2005 when the Anaheim Ducks got Bobby Ryan with the second overall pick, they haven’t had a higher selection than 12th overall. That’s set to change, as the Anaheim Ducks control the sixth overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Although there’s bound to be plenty of trade speculation in the lead up to the draft, Ducks GM Bob Murray told the Orange County Register that he’s comfortable holding on to the sixth pick.
“First of all, six is a good spot,” Murray said. “If we pick at six, we’re going to get a good player. This draft, I don’t view as one where guys at the very top are that much better than the guys that are at 12 or 13. It’s one of those drafts where it’s kind of an even rating through the first 15 guys.”
Murray doesn’t think the Anaheim Ducks will end up moving up or down in the draft, though he won’t completely dismiss the possibility. However, it sounds like, if anything, he would be more inclined to trade down a few spots than do the reverse.
”I would suggest to you that you could do just as well at 13, 14, 15 as you could at two, three or four,” Murray said.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 6
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 29
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 31
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (37)