Jun 17, 2012, 2:25 PM EST
While the Kings were busy digging lucky pennies out of center ice at Staples Center, L.A. Kings Insider’s Rich Hammond was posing another important question for Kings historians:
Where did the Stanley Cup-winning puck go? Hammond lays it out for us.
Nobody seems to know what happened to it. At the final horn, Jordan Nolan was the closest Kings player to the puck, but he appeared to peel off and join the celebration. One Kings official said that an on-ice official usually picks up the puck at the end of the game. Linesman Derek Amell appeared to be the closest official to the puck at the end of game. Perhaps nobody really cares, but wouldn’t it be a cool part of Kings history?
On the video of the closing seconds, you’ll see Nolan wind up being the last player to go after the puck but does he peel off to join the celebration or did he reach down to grab it? Hmm… Here’s to hoping they boys didn’t take it to Las Vegas with them and use it as a chip at the blackjack table.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 0
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)