Jun 16, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT
While the Predators are hoping they’ll be able to keep soon-to-be free agent defenseman Ryan Suter, his former college coach believes his future lies in the Midwest.
University of Wisconsin coach Mike Eaves tells Patrick Knight of KFAN in Minneapolis if fans in Los Angeles and New York were hoping to see Suter sign with their teams they’ll be left pretty disappointed.
“I would say (he would sign) somewhere in the Midwest,” Eaves said, finishing with, “If you take a look at the structure of the states, I think you could go as far south as St. Louis right through up to Detroit and over to Minneapolis. I think you are looking somewhere in the Midwest where he kind of knows the lifestyle he and his family would be getting into.”
Eaves says Suter’s personality makes him more of a quiet, country guy thus making big cities like New York and L.A. much less desirable. There’s been no chatter about St. Louis being interested in Suter, but it’s clear Nashville would love to retain him and both Detroit and Minnesota will back up a truck full of money to get him.
After reading about Suter’s supposed dislike of playing in Philly, perhaps there’s something about him wanting to keep things in the Central time zone.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 3
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 13
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)