Jun 16, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT
While the Predators are hoping they’ll be able to keep soon-to-be free agent defenseman Ryan Suter, his former college coach believes his future lies in the Midwest.
University of Wisconsin coach Mike Eaves tells Patrick Knight of KFAN in Minneapolis if fans in Los Angeles and New York were hoping to see Suter sign with their teams they’ll be left pretty disappointed.
“I would say (he would sign) somewhere in the Midwest,” Eaves said, finishing with, “If you take a look at the structure of the states, I think you could go as far south as St. Louis right through up to Detroit and over to Minneapolis. I think you are looking somewhere in the Midwest where he kind of knows the lifestyle he and his family would be getting into.”
Eaves says Suter’s personality makes him more of a quiet, country guy thus making big cities like New York and L.A. much less desirable. There’s been no chatter about St. Louis being interested in Suter, but it’s clear Nashville would love to retain him and both Detroit and Minnesota will back up a truck full of money to get him.
After reading about Suter’s supposed dislike of playing in Philly, perhaps there’s something about him wanting to keep things in the Central time zone.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)