Jun 16, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
At the same time, CSKA Moscow has already traded for his KHL rights in the hopes of convincing him to return to Russia.
Predators GM David Poile is now warning his NHL counterparts that there’s a sense of urgency regarding Radulov. Time is running out for them to act if they want him.
“If these teams are interested, they’re going to have to move pretty fast,” Poile said. “I think if they don’t he will sign in the KHL.”
Radulov is gifted offesnively, but he’s not without his baggage. He was criticized for his lack of effort during the playoffs. On top of that, he missed curfew during the postseason, which led to the team sending him to the press box for two games. Shea Weber later said that the incident was a “distraction” and felt “a little bit betrayed.”
With all that in mind, it wouldn’t be shocking if teams decide to simply let Radulov return to the KHL rather than rolling the dice on him.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)