Jun 16, 2012, 9:22 PM EST
Although Ryan Suter is by far the Nashville Predators most noteworthy pending unrestricted free agent, he’s certainly not the only one. Jordin Tootoo has spent his entire eight-season NHL career with the Nashville Predators, but that could be coming to an end.
According to The Tennessean, Predators GM David Poile spoke with Tootoo’s agent, but the two sides aren’t close to agreeing to terms. Part of the issue might be that Tootoo was only used in three of Nashville’s 10 playoff games.
“There’s a little difference of opinion because he didn’t play at the end of the year and in the playoffs,” Poile said. “I’m not sure where that’s going right now. But we need to have more conversations on that.”
Tootoo brings a physical presence and he’s capable of chipping in offensively. He had a career-high 30 points in 77 games in 2011-12.
He’s coming off a two-year, $2,500,000 contract and shouldn’t have much trouble finding work if he decides to test the free agent waters.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 11
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33