Jun 16, 2012, 9:22 PM EST
Although Ryan Suter is by far the Nashville Predators most noteworthy pending unrestricted free agent, he’s certainly not the only one. Jordin Tootoo has spent his entire eight-season NHL career with the Nashville Predators, but that could be coming to an end.
According to The Tennessean, Predators GM David Poile spoke with Tootoo’s agent, but the two sides aren’t close to agreeing to terms. Part of the issue might be that Tootoo was only used in three of Nashville’s 10 playoff games.
“There’s a little difference of opinion because he didn’t play at the end of the year and in the playoffs,” Poile said. “I’m not sure where that’s going right now. But we need to have more conversations on that.”
Tootoo brings a physical presence and he’s capable of chipping in offensively. He had a career-high 30 points in 77 games in 2011-12.
He’s coming off a two-year, $2,500,000 contract and shouldn’t have much trouble finding work if he decides to test the free agent waters.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 5
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2