Jun 16, 2012, 9:22 PM EST
Although Ryan Suter is by far the Nashville Predators most noteworthy pending unrestricted free agent, he’s certainly not the only one. Jordin Tootoo has spent his entire eight-season NHL career with the Nashville Predators, but that could be coming to an end.
According to The Tennessean, Predators GM David Poile spoke with Tootoo’s agent, but the two sides aren’t close to agreeing to terms. Part of the issue might be that Tootoo was only used in three of Nashville’s 10 playoff games.
“There’s a little difference of opinion because he didn’t play at the end of the year and in the playoffs,” Poile said. “I’m not sure where that’s going right now. But we need to have more conversations on that.”
Tootoo brings a physical presence and he’s capable of chipping in offensively. He had a career-high 30 points in 77 games in 2011-12.
He’s coming off a two-year, $2,500,000 contract and shouldn’t have much trouble finding work if he decides to test the free agent waters.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 4
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 21
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)