Jun 16, 2012, 9:22 PM EST
Although Ryan Suter is by far the Nashville Predators most noteworthy pending unrestricted free agent, he’s certainly not the only one. Jordin Tootoo has spent his entire eight-season NHL career with the Nashville Predators, but that could be coming to an end.
According to The Tennessean, Predators GM David Poile spoke with Tootoo’s agent, but the two sides aren’t close to agreeing to terms. Part of the issue might be that Tootoo was only used in three of Nashville’s 10 playoff games.
“There’s a little difference of opinion because he didn’t play at the end of the year and in the playoffs,” Poile said. “I’m not sure where that’s going right now. But we need to have more conversations on that.”
Tootoo brings a physical presence and he’s capable of chipping in offensively. He had a career-high 30 points in 77 games in 2011-12.
He’s coming off a two-year, $2,500,000 contract and shouldn’t have much trouble finding work if he decides to test the free agent waters.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)