Jun 16, 2012, 9:22 PM EDT
Although Ryan Suter is by far the Nashville Predators most noteworthy pending unrestricted free agent, he’s certainly not the only one. Jordin Tootoo has spent his entire eight-season NHL career with the Nashville Predators, but that could be coming to an end.
According to The Tennessean, Predators GM David Poile spoke with Tootoo’s agent, but the two sides aren’t close to agreeing to terms. Part of the issue might be that Tootoo was only used in three of Nashville’s 10 playoff games.
“There’s a little difference of opinion because he didn’t play at the end of the year and in the playoffs,” Poile said. “I’m not sure where that’s going right now. But we need to have more conversations on that.”
Tootoo brings a physical presence and he’s capable of chipping in offensively. He had a career-high 30 points in 77 games in 2011-12.
He’s coming off a two-year, $2,500,000 contract and shouldn’t have much trouble finding work if he decides to test the free agent waters.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18