Jun 15, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings finally joined the city’s elite sports franchises by winning their first-ever Stanley Cup championship this week. With the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers bounced in the NBA playoffs and other sports teams in the middle of regular season play, the town got to know Jonathan Quick, Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty – even if sportscasters didn’t always get everything right.
Will it last, though? The video below ponders that subject:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 4
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24