Jun 15, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings finally joined the city’s elite sports franchises by winning their first-ever Stanley Cup championship this week. With the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers bounced in the NBA playoffs and other sports teams in the middle of regular season play, the town got to know Jonathan Quick, Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty – even if sportscasters didn’t always get everything right.
Will it last, though? The video below ponders that subject:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2