Jun 15, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings finally joined the city’s elite sports franchises by winning their first-ever Stanley Cup championship this week. With the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers bounced in the NBA playoffs and other sports teams in the middle of regular season play, the town got to know Jonathan Quick, Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty – even if sportscasters didn’t always get everything right.
Will it last, though? The video below ponders that subject:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 7
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 9
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 108
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7