Jun 15, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
As a followup to our early afternoon roundup, here’s a few more minor transactions…
– The Los Angeles Kings have inked Rich Clune and Marc-Andre Cliche to two-year deals. Neither player is anything to get excited about, but having them does bolster their organizational depth.
Both are former 2005 draft picks and have played a combined 15 NHL games.
Clume is probably the more eye-catching of the two, if for no other reason than he averaged more than four penalty minutes per game in the AHL last season.
– Jesse Joensuu has returned to the New York Islanders’ organization after spending a season with HV71 Jonkoping of the Swedish Elite League.
Joensuu’s deal comes with a European out clause according to Newsday’s Arthur Staple. That might be something he decides to exercise if he’s unable to make the Islanders’ roster.
Joensuu has 13 points and 41 penalty minutes in 60 career NHL games.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)