Jun 15, 2012, 8:03 PM EST
As a followup to our early afternoon roundup, here’s a few more minor transactions…
– The Los Angeles Kings have inked Rich Clune and Marc-Andre Cliche to two-year deals. Neither player is anything to get excited about, but having them does bolster their organizational depth.
Both are former 2005 draft picks and have played a combined 15 NHL games.
Clume is probably the more eye-catching of the two, if for no other reason than he averaged more than four penalty minutes per game in the AHL last season.
– Jesse Joensuu has returned to the New York Islanders’ organization after spending a season with HV71 Jonkoping of the Swedish Elite League.
Joensuu’s deal comes with a European out clause according to Newsday’s Arthur Staple. That might be something he decides to exercise if he’s unable to make the Islanders’ roster.
Joensuu has 13 points and 41 penalty minutes in 60 career NHL games.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 17
- Report: Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 9
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 31
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (40)