Jun 15, 2012, 8:03 PM EST
As a followup to our early afternoon roundup, here’s a few more minor transactions…
– The Los Angeles Kings have inked Rich Clune and Marc-Andre Cliche to two-year deals. Neither player is anything to get excited about, but having them does bolster their organizational depth.
Both are former 2005 draft picks and have played a combined 15 NHL games.
Clume is probably the more eye-catching of the two, if for no other reason than he averaged more than four penalty minutes per game in the AHL last season.
– Jesse Joensuu has returned to the New York Islanders’ organization after spending a season with HV71 Jonkoping of the Swedish Elite League.
Joensuu’s deal comes with a European out clause according to Newsday’s Arthur Staple. That might be something he decides to exercise if he’s unable to make the Islanders’ roster.
Joensuu has 13 points and 41 penalty minutes in 60 career NHL games.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28