Jun 15, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
As a followup to our early afternoon roundup, here’s a few more minor transactions…
— The Los Angeles Kings have inked Rich Clune and Marc-Andre Cliche to two-year deals. Neither player is anything to get excited about, but having them does bolster their organizational depth.
Both are former 2005 draft picks and have played a combined 15 NHL games.
Clume is probably the more eye-catching of the two, if for no other reason than he averaged more than four penalty minutes per game in the AHL last season.
— Jesse Joensuu has returned to the New York Islanders’ organization after spending a season with HV71 Jonkoping of the Swedish Elite League.
Joensuu’s deal comes with a European out clause according to Newsday’s Arthur Staple. That might be something he decides to exercise if he’s unable to make the Islanders’ roster.
Joensuu has 13 points and 41 penalty minutes in 60 career NHL games.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)