Jun 15, 2012, 8:03 PM EST
As a followup to our early afternoon roundup, here’s a few more minor transactions…
– The Los Angeles Kings have inked Rich Clune and Marc-Andre Cliche to two-year deals. Neither player is anything to get excited about, but having them does bolster their organizational depth.
Both are former 2005 draft picks and have played a combined 15 NHL games.
Clume is probably the more eye-catching of the two, if for no other reason than he averaged more than four penalty minutes per game in the AHL last season.
– Jesse Joensuu has returned to the New York Islanders’ organization after spending a season with HV71 Jonkoping of the Swedish Elite League.
Joensuu’s deal comes with a European out clause according to Newsday’s Arthur Staple. That might be something he decides to exercise if he’s unable to make the Islanders’ roster.
Joensuu has 13 points and 41 penalty minutes in 60 career NHL games.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)