Jun 15, 2012, 2:21 PM EST
A few minor transactions to pass your way…
— The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed forward Aaron Volpatti. An undrafted free agent out of Brown University, Volpatti worked his way into the Canucks lineup two season ago and won a coveted fourth-line spot at the beginning of this year. He recorded one goal and 37 penalty minutes in 23 games before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury in November.
The 27-year-old was due to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
— The Chicago Blackhawks have waived goalie Alexander Salak. Acquired in the trade that saw Jack Skille to go Florida (Chicago also netted Michael Frolik), Salak originally projected to challenge for the backup gig to Corey Crawford…but wound up battling injuries in AHL Rockford for the majority of his tenure with the organization.
This move would indicate that Carter Hutton is now the No. 3 goalie of choice in Chicago, though that was kinda evident when he was recalled in March to replace the injured Ray Emery.
— The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed forwards Adam Hall and J.T. Wyman. Hall’s contract is a one-year, one-way deal, while Wyman signed a one-year, two-way contract.
Hall is an effective defensive forward that finished second in the league in faceoff percentage (59.5) and ranked sixth amongst Lightning forwards with 89 hits. Wyman, meanwhile, played in a career-high 40 games last year.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)