Jun 15, 2012, 2:21 PM EST
A few minor transactions to pass your way…
– The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed forward Aaron Volpatti. An undrafted free agent out of Brown University, Volpatti worked his way into the Canucks lineup two season ago and won a coveted fourth-line spot at the beginning of this year. He recorded one goal and 37 penalty minutes in 23 games before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury in November.
The 27-year-old was due to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
– The Chicago Blackhawks have waived goalie Alexander Salak. Acquired in the trade that saw Jack Skille to go Florida (Chicago also netted Michael Frolik), Salak originally projected to challenge for the backup gig to Corey Crawford…but wound up battling injuries in AHL Rockford for the majority of his tenure with the organization.
This move would indicate that Carter Hutton is now the No. 3 goalie of choice in Chicago, though that was kinda evident when he was recalled in March to replace the injured Ray Emery.
– The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed forwards Adam Hall and J.T. Wyman. Hall’s contract is a one-year, one-way deal, while Wyman signed a one-year, two-way contract.
Hall is an effective defensive forward that finished second in the league in faceoff percentage (59.5) and ranked sixth amongst Lightning forwards with 89 hits. Wyman, meanwhile, played in a career-high 40 games last year.
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 8
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)