Jun 15, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
A few minor transactions to pass your way…
— The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed forward Aaron Volpatti. An undrafted free agent out of Brown University, Volpatti worked his way into the Canucks lineup two season ago and won a coveted fourth-line spot at the beginning of this year. He recorded one goal and 37 penalty minutes in 23 games before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury in November.
The 27-year-old was due to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
— The Chicago Blackhawks have waived goalie Alexander Salak. Acquired in the trade that saw Jack Skille to go Florida (Chicago also netted Michael Frolik), Salak originally projected to challenge for the backup gig to Corey Crawford…but wound up battling injuries in AHL Rockford for the majority of his tenure with the organization.
This move would indicate that Carter Hutton is now the No. 3 goalie of choice in Chicago, though that was kinda evident when he was recalled in March to replace the injured Ray Emery.
— The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed forwards Adam Hall and J.T. Wyman. Hall’s contract is a one-year, one-way deal, while Wyman signed a one-year, two-way contract.
Hall is an effective defensive forward that finished second in the league in faceoff percentage (59.5) and ranked sixth amongst Lightning forwards with 89 hits. Wyman, meanwhile, played in a career-high 40 games last year.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)