Jun 15, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
A few minor transactions to pass your way…
— The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed forward Aaron Volpatti. An undrafted free agent out of Brown University, Volpatti worked his way into the Canucks lineup two season ago and won a coveted fourth-line spot at the beginning of this year. He recorded one goal and 37 penalty minutes in 23 games before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury in November.
The 27-year-old was due to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
— The Chicago Blackhawks have waived goalie Alexander Salak. Acquired in the trade that saw Jack Skille to go Florida (Chicago also netted Michael Frolik), Salak originally projected to challenge for the backup gig to Corey Crawford…but wound up battling injuries in AHL Rockford for the majority of his tenure with the organization.
This move would indicate that Carter Hutton is now the No. 3 goalie of choice in Chicago, though that was kinda evident when he was recalled in March to replace the injured Ray Emery.
— The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed forwards Adam Hall and J.T. Wyman. Hall’s contract is a one-year, one-way deal, while Wyman signed a one-year, two-way contract.
Hall is an effective defensive forward that finished second in the league in faceoff percentage (59.5) and ranked sixth amongst Lightning forwards with 89 hits. Wyman, meanwhile, played in a career-high 40 games last year.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)