Jun 15, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
A few minor transactions to pass your way…
– The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed forward Aaron Volpatti. An undrafted free agent out of Brown University, Volpatti worked his way into the Canucks lineup two season ago and won a coveted fourth-line spot at the beginning of this year. He recorded one goal and 37 penalty minutes in 23 games before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury in November.
The 27-year-old was due to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
– The Chicago Blackhawks have waived goalie Alexander Salak. Acquired in the trade that saw Jack Skille to go Florida (Chicago also netted Michael Frolik), Salak originally projected to challenge for the backup gig to Corey Crawford…but wound up battling injuries in AHL Rockford for the majority of his tenure with the organization.
This move would indicate that Carter Hutton is now the No. 3 goalie of choice in Chicago, though that was kinda evident when he was recalled in March to replace the injured Ray Emery.
– The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed forwards Adam Hall and J.T. Wyman. Hall’s contract is a one-year, one-way deal, while Wyman signed a one-year, two-way contract.
Hall is an effective defensive forward that finished second in the league in faceoff percentage (59.5) and ranked sixth amongst Lightning forwards with 89 hits. Wyman, meanwhile, played in a career-high 40 games last year.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 1
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33