Jun 15, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Since coming on as Montreal GM, Marc Bergevin has made more moves than a U-Haul truck.
So, no surprise he’s at it again.
Today, the Canadiens announcedanother position has been filled at the NHL level — this time it’s the second assistant coaching gig, which will go to former AHL Hamilton bench boss Clement Jodoin.
The news came shortly after Montreal named ex-Columbus head coach Gerard Gallant the first of Michel Therrien’s two new assistants.
Jodoin is a decorated junior coach known for grooming young players. He won gold as an assistant coach with Canada at the 2008 World Junior Championship and had been on gold medal-winning Canadian teams at the WJC in 2006 and 2007 as well. After a successful four-year stint with QMJHL Rimouski, Jodoin went behind the Bulldogs bench last season.
This will be his second stint as a Habs assistant, having served under Therrien and Alain Vigneault from 1997-2002.
Like Therrien, Jodoin speaks French (Gallant isn’t fluent, but says he “understands” the language.) So since coming aboard, here are the guys Bergevin has hired/promoted. Tell me what they have in common:
To be fair, he also hired Scott Mellanby and Rick Dudley, who — contrary to reports — have not changed their names to Scott Mellanbois and Richard Dudlé.
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year deal 2
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 54
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (54)