Jun 15, 2012, 1:01 PM EST
Since coming on as Montreal GM, Marc Bergevin has made more moves than a U-Haul truck.
So, no surprise he’s at it again.
Today, the Canadiens announcedanother position has been filled at the NHL level — this time it’s the second assistant coaching gig, which will go to former AHL Hamilton bench boss Clement Jodoin.
The news came shortly after Montreal named ex-Columbus head coach Gerard Gallant the first of Michel Therrien’s two new assistants.
Jodoin is a decorated junior coach known for grooming young players. He won gold as an assistant coach with Canada at the 2008 World Junior Championship and had been on gold medal-winning Canadian teams at the WJC in 2006 and 2007 as well. After a successful four-year stint with QMJHL Rimouski, Jodoin went behind the Bulldogs bench last season.
This will be his second stint as a Habs assistant, having served under Therrien and Alain Vigneault from 1997-2002.
Like Therrien, Jodoin speaks French (Gallant isn’t fluent, but says he “understands” the language.) So since coming aboard, here are the guys Bergevin has hired/promoted. Tell me what they have in common:
To be fair, he also hired Scott Mellanby and Rick Dudley, who — contrary to reports — have not changed their names to Scott Mellanbois and Richard Dudlé.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)