Jun 15, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Since coming on as Montreal GM, Marc Bergevin has made more moves than a U-Haul truck.
So, no surprise he’s at it again.
Today, the Canadiens announcedanother position has been filled at the NHL level — this time it’s the second assistant coaching gig, which will go to former AHL Hamilton bench boss Clement Jodoin.
The news came shortly after Montreal named ex-Columbus head coach Gerard Gallant the first of Michel Therrien’s two new assistants.
Jodoin is a decorated junior coach known for grooming young players. He won gold as an assistant coach with Canada at the 2008 World Junior Championship and had been on gold medal-winning Canadian teams at the WJC in 2006 and 2007 as well. After a successful four-year stint with QMJHL Rimouski, Jodoin went behind the Bulldogs bench last season.
This will be his second stint as a Habs assistant, having served under Therrien and Alain Vigneault from 1997-2002.
Like Therrien, Jodoin speaks French (Gallant isn’t fluent, but says he “understands” the language.) So since coming aboard, here are the guys Bergevin has hired/promoted. Tell me what they have in common:
To be fair, he also hired Scott Mellanby and Rick Dudley, who — contrary to reports — have not changed their names to Scott Mellanbois and Richard Dudlé.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)