Jun 15, 2012, 1:01 PM EST
Since coming on as Montreal GM, Marc Bergevin has made more moves than a U-Haul truck.
So, no surprise he’s at it again.
Today, the Canadiens announcedanother position has been filled at the NHL level — this time it’s the second assistant coaching gig, which will go to former AHL Hamilton bench boss Clement Jodoin.
The news came shortly after Montreal named ex-Columbus head coach Gerard Gallant the first of Michel Therrien’s two new assistants.
Jodoin is a decorated junior coach known for grooming young players. He won gold as an assistant coach with Canada at the 2008 World Junior Championship and had been on gold medal-winning Canadian teams at the WJC in 2006 and 2007 as well. After a successful four-year stint with QMJHL Rimouski, Jodoin went behind the Bulldogs bench last season.
This will be his second stint as a Habs assistant, having served under Therrien and Alain Vigneault from 1997-2002.
Like Therrien, Jodoin speaks French (Gallant isn’t fluent, but says he “understands” the language.) So since coming aboard, here are the guys Bergevin has hired/promoted. Tell me what they have in common:
To be fair, he also hired Scott Mellanby and Rick Dudley, who — contrary to reports — have not changed their names to Scott Mellanbois and Richard Dudlé.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)