Jun 15, 2012, 11:43 AM EST
Today, Karlsson echoed Murray’s optimism.
“Obviously, I want to get everything done before the season starts. With these kinds of things it can come to a certain point where both sides don’t agree on things – but hopefully that won’t be my situation,” Karlsson, 22, said on a conference call from Sweden, as per Sportsnet.ca. “We both have a pretty good dialogue. I have full confidence in my agents and in Ottawa that things are going to get done the proper way and both sides will be happy with it.
“Bryan is a reasonable person and I respect him a lot. Hopefully, it’s not going to be an issue where we stand eye to eye and we don’t agree.”
Both sides will want to avoid a Drew Doughty-like situation. The Kings’ defenseman ended up missing training camp over a contract dispute and struggled to find his game for much of the season. (He found it eventually.)
Murray and Karlsson’s agent are planning to meet next week at the NHL Awards in Las Vegas where Karlsson is a finalist for the Norris Trophy.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 11
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 40
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 38
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)