Jun 15, 2012, 11:43 AM EDT
Today, Karlsson echoed Murray’s optimism.
“Obviously, I want to get everything done before the season starts. With these kinds of things it can come to a certain point where both sides don’t agree on things – but hopefully that won’t be my situation,” Karlsson, 22, said on a conference call from Sweden, as per Sportsnet.ca. “We both have a pretty good dialogue. I have full confidence in my agents and in Ottawa that things are going to get done the proper way and both sides will be happy with it.
“Bryan is a reasonable person and I respect him a lot. Hopefully, it’s not going to be an issue where we stand eye to eye and we don’t agree.”
Both sides will want to avoid a Drew Doughty-like situation. The Kings’ defenseman ended up missing training camp over a contract dispute and struggled to find his game for much of the season. (He found it eventually.)
Murray and Karlsson’s agent are planning to meet next week at the NHL Awards in Las Vegas where Karlsson is a finalist for the Norris Trophy.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)