Jun 15, 2012, 11:43 AM EDT
Today, Karlsson echoed Murray’s optimism.
“Obviously, I want to get everything done before the season starts. With these kinds of things it can come to a certain point where both sides don’t agree on things – but hopefully that won’t be my situation,” Karlsson, 22, said on a conference call from Sweden, as per Sportsnet.ca. “We both have a pretty good dialogue. I have full confidence in my agents and in Ottawa that things are going to get done the proper way and both sides will be happy with it.
“Bryan is a reasonable person and I respect him a lot. Hopefully, it’s not going to be an issue where we stand eye to eye and we don’t agree.”
Both sides will want to avoid a Drew Doughty-like situation. The Kings’ defenseman ended up missing training camp over a contract dispute and struggled to find his game for much of the season. (He found it eventually.)
Murray and Karlsson’s agent are planning to meet next week at the NHL Awards in Las Vegas where Karlsson is a finalist for the Norris Trophy.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 2
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 41
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 89
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 37
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL