Jun 14, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
Add Ottawa’s Bryan Murray to the list of NHL general managers welcoming offers for his first-round draft pick.
In the Senators’ case, it’s the 15th overall pick.
Oh, and Murray’s more than happy to discuss other trades.
“We’re very open-minded,” he said, as per QMI. “So if it gets out there that other managers would like to call, I’d be very open to that.”
OK, so most GMs would say the same thing if asked. But this gives us an excuse to speculate about the Sens, and we like to speculate.
Expect teams in need of goaltending to give Murray a ring. After starter Craig Anderson, Ottawa has a couple of decent prospects in Ben Bishop, 25, and Robin Lehner, 20. The former was acquired from St. Louis in February for a second-round pick; the latter was drafted by the Sens in 2009 (46th overall).
Maybe there’s a deal with Columbus somewhere in there.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)