Jun 14, 2012, 4:11 PM EST
Add Ottawa’s Bryan Murray to the list of NHL general managers welcoming offers for his first-round draft pick.
In the Senators’ case, it’s the 15th overall pick.
Oh, and Murray’s more than happy to discuss other trades.
“We’re very open-minded,” he said, as per QMI. “So if it gets out there that other managers would like to call, I’d be very open to that.”
OK, so most GMs would say the same thing if asked. But this gives us an excuse to speculate about the Sens, and we like to speculate.
Expect teams in need of goaltending to give Murray a ring. After starter Craig Anderson, Ottawa has a couple of decent prospects in Ben Bishop, 25, and Robin Lehner, 20. The former was acquired from St. Louis in February for a second-round pick; the latter was drafted by the Sens in 2009 (46th overall).
Maybe there’s a deal with Columbus somewhere in there.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)