Jun 14, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
Add Ottawa’s Bryan Murray to the list of NHL general managers welcoming offers for his first-round draft pick.
In the Senators’ case, it’s the 15th overall pick.
Oh, and Murray’s more than happy to discuss other trades.
“We’re very open-minded,” he said, as per QMI. “So if it gets out there that other managers would like to call, I’d be very open to that.”
OK, so most GMs would say the same thing if asked. But this gives us an excuse to speculate about the Sens, and we like to speculate.
Expect teams in need of goaltending to give Murray a ring. After starter Craig Anderson, Ottawa has a couple of decent prospects in Ben Bishop, 25, and Robin Lehner, 20. The former was acquired from St. Louis in February for a second-round pick; the latter was drafted by the Sens in 2009 (46th overall).
Maybe there’s a deal with Columbus somewhere in there.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15