Jun 14, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
Add Ottawa’s Bryan Murray to the list of NHL general managers welcoming offers for his first-round draft pick.
In the Senators’ case, it’s the 15th overall pick.
Oh, and Murray’s more than happy to discuss other trades.
“We’re very open-minded,” he said, as per QMI. “So if it gets out there that other managers would like to call, I’d be very open to that.”
OK, so most GMs would say the same thing if asked. But this gives us an excuse to speculate about the Sens, and we like to speculate.
Expect teams in need of goaltending to give Murray a ring. After starter Craig Anderson, Ottawa has a couple of decent prospects in Ben Bishop, 25, and Robin Lehner, 20. The former was acquired from St. Louis in February for a second-round pick; the latter was drafted by the Sens in 2009 (46th overall).
Maybe there’s a deal with Columbus somewhere in there.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 2
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 12
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)