Jun 14, 2012, 4:11 PM EST
Add Ottawa’s Bryan Murray to the list of NHL general managers welcoming offers for his first-round draft pick.
In the Senators’ case, it’s the 15th overall pick.
Oh, and Murray’s more than happy to discuss other trades.
“We’re very open-minded,” he said, as per QMI. “So if it gets out there that other managers would like to call, I’d be very open to that.”
OK, so most GMs would say the same thing if asked. But this gives us an excuse to speculate about the Sens, and we like to speculate.
Expect teams in need of goaltending to give Murray a ring. After starter Craig Anderson, Ottawa has a couple of decent prospects in Ben Bishop, 25, and Robin Lehner, 20. The former was acquired from St. Louis in February for a second-round pick; the latter was drafted by the Sens in 2009 (46th overall).
Maybe there’s a deal with Columbus somewhere in there.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8