Jun 14, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
Senators GM Bryan Murray is confident he’ll be able to negotiate a new contract with star defenseman Erik Karlsson.
“We have time,” said Murray, as per Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “We will get it done – it’s just a matter of getting the right number.”
Granted, “getting the right number” is typically the hardest part of any contract negotiation. Sort of like “scoring more goals than the other team” is the key to winning hockey games.
At any rate, Murray plans to meet with Karlsson’s agent, Craig Oster, next week in Las Vegas where the NHL Awards are being held. Maybe they can get something done poolside.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11