Jun 14, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Senators GM Bryan Murray is confident he’ll be able to negotiate a new contract with star defenseman Erik Karlsson.
“We have time,” said Murray, as per Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “We will get it done – it’s just a matter of getting the right number.”
Granted, “getting the right number” is typically the hardest part of any contract negotiation. Sort of like “scoring more goals than the other team” is the key to winning hockey games.
At any rate, Murray plans to meet with Karlsson’s agent, Craig Oster, next week in Las Vegas where the NHL Awards are being held. Maybe they can get something done poolside.
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 5
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 4
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 5
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18