Jun 14, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Senators GM Bryan Murray is confident he’ll be able to negotiate a new contract with star defenseman Erik Karlsson.
“We have time,” said Murray, as per Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “We will get it done – it’s just a matter of getting the right number.”
Granted, “getting the right number” is typically the hardest part of any contract negotiation. Sort of like “scoring more goals than the other team” is the key to winning hockey games.
At any rate, Murray plans to meet with Karlsson’s agent, Craig Oster, next week in Las Vegas where the NHL Awards are being held. Maybe they can get something done poolside.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 52
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 41
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)