Jun 14, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
Senators GM Bryan Murray is confident he’ll be able to negotiate a new contract with star defenseman Erik Karlsson.
“We have time,” said Murray, as per Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “We will get it done – it’s just a matter of getting the right number.”
Granted, “getting the right number” is typically the hardest part of any contract negotiation. Sort of like “scoring more goals than the other team” is the key to winning hockey games.
At any rate, Murray plans to meet with Karlsson’s agent, Craig Oster, next week in Las Vegas where the NHL Awards are being held. Maybe they can get something done poolside.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 44
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (47)