Jun 14, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Senators GM Bryan Murray is confident he’ll be able to negotiate a new contract with star defenseman Erik Karlsson.
“We have time,” said Murray, as per Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “We will get it done – it’s just a matter of getting the right number.”
Granted, “getting the right number” is typically the hardest part of any contract negotiation. Sort of like “scoring more goals than the other team” is the key to winning hockey games.
At any rate, Murray plans to meet with Karlsson’s agent, Craig Oster, next week in Las Vegas where the NHL Awards are being held. Maybe they can get something done poolside.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)