Jun 14, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
As you might have already heard, Kings fans gathered on Thursday to celebrate the franchise’s first Stanley Cup victory.
Missed the festivities? That’s okay, we got a handful of our favorite photos from the event to help get you up to speed:
The Kings’ longtime play-by-player announcer, Bob Miller greets the fans before the parade starts.
Jonathan Quick shows off the Stanley Cup.
Of course, Quick wasn’t the only Kings player that took a turn raising the Cup during the rally. Here’s captain Dustin Brown.
No wonder the Kings obliterated the competition in the playoffs. There aren’t many people that can stand in the way of the combined powers of Darth Vader and Spider-Man.
“It was like driving down a hallway lined with human flesh. You couldn’t see anything except people screaming and Kings jerseys.”
Something tells me that could also describe the feeling of navigating through the parade crowd.
Finally, what would a celebration be without confetti?
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 62
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15