Jun 14, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
As you might have already heard, Kings fans gathered on Thursday to celebrate the franchise’s first Stanley Cup victory.
Missed the festivities? That’s okay, we got a handful of our favorite photos from the event to help get you up to speed:
The Kings’ longtime play-by-player announcer, Bob Miller greets the fans before the parade starts.
Jonathan Quick shows off the Stanley Cup.
Of course, Quick wasn’t the only Kings player that took a turn raising the Cup during the rally. Here’s captain Dustin Brown.
No wonder the Kings obliterated the competition in the playoffs. There aren’t many people that can stand in the way of the combined powers of Darth Vader and Spider-Man.
“It was like driving down a hallway lined with human flesh. You couldn’t see anything except people screaming and Kings jerseys.”
Something tells me that could also describe the feeling of navigating through the parade crowd.
Finally, what would a celebration be without confetti?
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 52
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)