Jun 14, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
As you might have already heard, Kings fans gathered on Thursday to celebrate the franchise’s first Stanley Cup victory.
Missed the festivities? That’s okay, we got a handful of our favorite photos from the event to help get you up to speed:
The Kings’ longtime play-by-player announcer, Bob Miller greets the fans before the parade starts.
Jonathan Quick shows off the Stanley Cup.
Of course, Quick wasn’t the only Kings player that took a turn raising the Cup during the rally. Here’s captain Dustin Brown.
No wonder the Kings obliterated the competition in the playoffs. There aren’t many people that can stand in the way of the combined powers of Darth Vader and Spider-Man.
“It was like driving down a hallway lined with human flesh. You couldn’t see anything except people screaming and Kings jerseys.”
Something tells me that could also describe the feeling of navigating through the parade crowd.
Finally, what would a celebration be without confetti?
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 58
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 5
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 29
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 15
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination