Jun 14, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
As you might have already heard, Kings fans gathered on Thursday to celebrate the franchise’s first Stanley Cup victory.
Missed the festivities? That’s okay, we got a handful of our favorite photos from the event to help get you up to speed:
The Kings’ longtime play-by-player announcer, Bob Miller greets the fans before the parade starts.
Jonathan Quick shows off the Stanley Cup.
Of course, Quick wasn’t the only Kings player that took a turn raising the Cup during the rally. Here’s captain Dustin Brown.
No wonder the Kings obliterated the competition in the playoffs. There aren’t many people that can stand in the way of the combined powers of Darth Vader and Spider-Man.
“It was like driving down a hallway lined with human flesh. You couldn’t see anything except people screaming and Kings jerseys.”
Something tells me that could also describe the feeling of navigating through the parade crowd.
Finally, what would a celebration be without confetti?
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54