Jun 14, 2012, 11:49 PM EDT
On Thursday afternoon, it was reported that Ryan Suter had provided the Nashville Predators with a list of teams that he would be willing to be traded to. However, Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy has fired back, saying that’s “100% untrue.”
Predators fans still clinging onto the idea that Suter will re-sign with Nashville before he becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1 will probably look at this as a good sign. However, this is also great news for the Philadelphia Flyers.
The same report that said Suter had a list of teams he was willing to be traded to, mentioned that the Flyers were not one of his acceptable destinations. According to Sheehy, there isn’t a list of teams Suter won’t go to.
Of course, Suter is likely to get multiple suitors if he ever reaches the free agent market. The Detroit Red Wings in particular are likely to be a serious candidate for his services. They have the cap space necessary to get Suter and a hole in their defensive corps with Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart gone.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 21
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)