Jun 14, 2012, 11:49 PM EDT
On Thursday afternoon, it was reported that Ryan Suter had provided the Nashville Predators with a list of teams that he would be willing to be traded to. However, Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy has fired back, saying that’s “100% untrue.”
Predators fans still clinging onto the idea that Suter will re-sign with Nashville before he becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1 will probably look at this as a good sign. However, this is also great news for the Philadelphia Flyers.
The same report that said Suter had a list of teams he was willing to be traded to, mentioned that the Flyers were not one of his acceptable destinations. According to Sheehy, there isn’t a list of teams Suter won’t go to.
Of course, Suter is likely to get multiple suitors if he ever reaches the free agent market. The Detroit Red Wings in particular are likely to be a serious candidate for his services. They have the cap space necessary to get Suter and a hole in their defensive corps with Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart gone.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)