Jun 14, 2012, 11:49 PM EDT
On Thursday afternoon, it was reported that Ryan Suter had provided the Nashville Predators with a list of teams that he would be willing to be traded to. However, Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy has fired back, saying that’s “100% untrue.”
Predators fans still clinging onto the idea that Suter will re-sign with Nashville before he becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1 will probably look at this as a good sign. However, this is also great news for the Philadelphia Flyers.
The same report that said Suter had a list of teams he was willing to be traded to, mentioned that the Flyers were not one of his acceptable destinations. According to Sheehy, there isn’t a list of teams Suter won’t go to.
Of course, Suter is likely to get multiple suitors if he ever reaches the free agent market. The Detroit Red Wings in particular are likely to be a serious candidate for his services. They have the cap space necessary to get Suter and a hole in their defensive corps with Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart gone.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 9
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 86
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (86)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)