Jun 14, 2012, 11:49 PM EST
On Thursday afternoon, it was reported that Ryan Suter had provided the Nashville Predators with a list of teams that he would be willing to be traded to. However, Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy has fired back, saying that’s “100% untrue.”
Predators fans still clinging onto the idea that Suter will re-sign with Nashville before he becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1 will probably look at this as a good sign. However, this is also great news for the Philadelphia Flyers.
The same report that said Suter had a list of teams he was willing to be traded to, mentioned that the Flyers were not one of his acceptable destinations. According to Sheehy, there isn’t a list of teams Suter won’t go to.
Of course, Suter is likely to get multiple suitors if he ever reaches the free agent market. The Detroit Red Wings in particular are likely to be a serious candidate for his services. They have the cap space necessary to get Suter and a hole in their defensive corps with Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart gone.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)