Jun 14, 2012, 11:49 PM EDT
On Thursday afternoon, it was reported that Ryan Suter had provided the Nashville Predators with a list of teams that he would be willing to be traded to. However, Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy has fired back, saying that’s “100% untrue.”
Predators fans still clinging onto the idea that Suter will re-sign with Nashville before he becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1 will probably look at this as a good sign. However, this is also great news for the Philadelphia Flyers.
The same report that said Suter had a list of teams he was willing to be traded to, mentioned that the Flyers were not one of his acceptable destinations. According to Sheehy, there isn’t a list of teams Suter won’t go to.
Of course, Suter is likely to get multiple suitors if he ever reaches the free agent market. The Detroit Red Wings in particular are likely to be a serious candidate for his services. They have the cap space necessary to get Suter and a hole in their defensive corps with Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart gone.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)