Jun 14, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Blues have agreed to terms with RFA forward Chris Stewart — a one-year contract worth $3 million.
The contract represents an ever-so-slight pay bump for Stewart, who made $2.875 million annually on his last contract. It’s not much, but the fact the 24-year-old received a raise at all is noteworthy.
(On the other hand, it could be seen as a pay descrease. Stewart’s actual salary last season was $3.25 million.)
A dynamic power forward that scored 56 goals from 2009-11, Stewart was a major disappointment for the Blues in 2001-12, scoring just 15 goals and 30 points in 79 games. Things went further south in the postseason as head coach Ken Hitchcock twice made him a healthy scratch — once against San Jose, once against Los Angeles.
Speaking of that deal….Jay McClement, who Colorado acquired along with Johnson, appears to be done in Denver. The Avs have decided not to retain the impending UFA, meaning he’ll go to market on July 1.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)