Jun 14, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Blues have agreed to terms with RFA forward Chris Stewart — a one-year contract worth $3 million.
The contract represents an ever-so-slight pay bump for Stewart, who made $2.875 million annually on his last contract. It’s not much, but the fact the 24-year-old received a raise at all is noteworthy.
(On the other hand, it could be seen as a pay descrease. Stewart’s actual salary last season was $3.25 million.)
A dynamic power forward that scored 56 goals from 2009-11, Stewart was a major disappointment for the Blues in 2001-12, scoring just 15 goals and 30 points in 79 games. Things went further south in the postseason as head coach Ken Hitchcock twice made him a healthy scratch — once against San Jose, once against Los Angeles.
Speaking of that deal….Jay McClement, who Colorado acquired along with Johnson, appears to be done in Denver. The Avs have decided not to retain the impending UFA, meaning he’ll go to market on July 1.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)