Jun 14, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Blues have agreed to terms with RFA forward Chris Stewart — a one-year contract worth $3 million.
The contract represents an ever-so-slight pay bump for Stewart, who made $2.875 million annually on his last contract. It’s not much, but the fact the 24-year-old received a raise at all is noteworthy.
(On the other hand, it could be seen as a pay descrease. Stewart’s actual salary last season was $3.25 million.)
A dynamic power forward that scored 56 goals from 2009-11, Stewart was a major disappointment for the Blues in 2001-12, scoring just 15 goals and 30 points in 79 games. Things went further south in the postseason as head coach Ken Hitchcock twice made him a healthy scratch — once against San Jose, once against Los Angeles.
Speaking of that deal….Jay McClement, who Colorado acquired along with Johnson, appears to be done in Denver. The Avs have decided not to retain the impending UFA, meaning he’ll go to market on July 1.
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 12
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 52
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 100
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)