Jun 14, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Blues have agreed to terms with RFA forward Chris Stewart — a one-year contract worth $3 million.
The contract represents an ever-so-slight pay bump for Stewart, who made $2.875 million annually on his last contract. It’s not much, but the fact the 24-year-old received a raise at all is noteworthy.
(On the other hand, it could be seen as a pay descrease. Stewart’s actual salary last season was $3.25 million.)
A dynamic power forward that scored 56 goals from 2009-11, Stewart was a major disappointment for the Blues in 2001-12, scoring just 15 goals and 30 points in 79 games. Things went further south in the postseason as head coach Ken Hitchcock twice made him a healthy scratch — once against San Jose, once against Los Angeles.
Speaking of that deal….Jay McClement, who Colorado acquired along with Johnson, appears to be done in Denver. The Avs have decided not to retain the impending UFA, meaning he’ll go to market on July 1.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)