Jun 14, 2012, 8:56 PM EDT
Oshie in particular is an interesting case. He’s coming off a campaign where he posted career-highs with 19 goals and 54 points in 80 games. He’s 25 and still has some upside, so it’s safe to say that the Blues will want him back. The bigger question is: what will the terms be?
“I’d like to talk to T.J. Oshie about something that might have a little bit of term to it,” said Blues GM Doug Armstrong.
We’ll see if that’s something that appeals to Oshie and, if so, at what price. He made $2,350,000 in 2011-12, but it’s safe to say that he’ll be seeking a substantial raise, especially if it’s part of a multi-year contract.
Still, the St. Louis Blues have a ton of cap space, so if they’re willing to accommodate Oshie, they should be able to reach an agreement.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 2
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55