Jun 14, 2012, 8:56 PM EDT
Oshie in particular is an interesting case. He’s coming off a campaign where he posted career-highs with 19 goals and 54 points in 80 games. He’s 25 and still has some upside, so it’s safe to say that the Blues will want him back. The bigger question is: what will the terms be?
“I’d like to talk to T.J. Oshie about something that might have a little bit of term to it,” said Blues GM Doug Armstrong.
We’ll see if that’s something that appeals to Oshie and, if so, at what price. He made $2,350,000 in 2011-12, but it’s safe to say that he’ll be seeking a substantial raise, especially if it’s part of a multi-year contract.
Still, the St. Louis Blues have a ton of cap space, so if they’re willing to accommodate Oshie, they should be able to reach an agreement.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25