Jun 14, 2012, 8:56 PM EST
Oshie in particular is an interesting case. He’s coming off a campaign where he posted career-highs with 19 goals and 54 points in 80 games. He’s 25 and still has some upside, so it’s safe to say that the Blues will want him back. The bigger question is: what will the terms be?
“I’d like to talk to T.J. Oshie about something that might have a little bit of term to it,” said Blues GM Doug Armstrong.
We’ll see if that’s something that appeals to Oshie and, if so, at what price. He made $2,350,000 in 2011-12, but it’s safe to say that he’ll be seeking a substantial raise, especially if it’s part of a multi-year contract.
Still, the St. Louis Blues have a ton of cap space, so if they’re willing to accommodate Oshie, they should be able to reach an agreement.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)