Jun 13, 2012, 11:19 PM EDT
Here are three interesting little tidbits from around the NHL that aren’t quite fit for a full post.
- Montreal columnist Dave Stubbs apparently had a lengthy discussion with Alex Kovalev, who said that he’d “love” to play with the Montreal Canadiens again. Of course, Stubbs was also quick to point out what most of us probably feel: the Habs likely wouldn’t have the same interest. That being said, Kovalev is a classic example of a Russian player who generated a rather ridiculous amount of heat. For all the talk of him being “enigmatic”/not caring, the guy has 1,024 points in his NHL career. Some wouldn’t mind watching a Kovalev retirement tour and his most recent successes came in Montreal.
- Sure, the Calgary Flames’ run to the 2004 Stanley Cup finals was powered most by Jarome Iginla and Miikka Kiprusoff, but many of us also associate it with lifetime-best work from smaller guys such as Martin Gelinas. The Calgary Sun reports that the Flames are likely to hire him as an assistant coach. Gelinas would join another assistant (Jacques Cloutier) and goalie coach (Clint Malarchuk) as Bob Hartley’s coaching staff.
(Gelinas totally scored a goal in Game 6, am I right?)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)