Jun 13, 2012, 11:41 AM EDT
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Flyers assistant coach Craig Berube won’t be headed to Washington. Dreger reports Berube was on the Capitals’ list of head coach candidates but that’s no longer the case.
The Caps are looking for someone to help fill the shoes of Dale Hunter who opted to leave Washington after this season rather than stay on board and continue where he left off bringing the team to within a win of the Eastern Conference finals. As for who is on the Capitals list now, speculation is the name of the game.
Caps assistant coach Dean Evason is believed to be in the mix. Paul Maurice was believed to be a man of interest before he headed to the KHL. Devils assistant coach and former Capitals center Adam Oates is another guy rumored to have the Caps’ eye as is Norfolk Admirals coach Jon Cooper.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)