Jun 13, 2012, 11:41 AM EDT
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Flyers assistant coach Craig Berube won’t be headed to Washington. Dreger reports Berube was on the Capitals’ list of head coach candidates but that’s no longer the case.
The Caps are looking for someone to help fill the shoes of Dale Hunter who opted to leave Washington after this season rather than stay on board and continue where he left off bringing the team to within a win of the Eastern Conference finals. As for who is on the Capitals list now, speculation is the name of the game.
Caps assistant coach Dean Evason is believed to be in the mix. Paul Maurice was believed to be a man of interest before he headed to the KHL. Devils assistant coach and former Capitals center Adam Oates is another guy rumored to have the Caps’ eye as is Norfolk Admirals coach Jon Cooper.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)