Jun 13, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin is bringing a few old friends along for the ride in Montreal.
The Habs have hired Martin Lapointe and Patrice Brisebois to join the staff in roles of player development. Lapointe, a former Bruins and Red Wings forward, will be the head of player development while Brisebois, a former Canadiens defensemen, will be the player development coach for Montreal.
Meanwhile, former Habs defenseman Sylvain Lefebvre was named as the new head coach of Montreal’s AHL team in Hamilton. Lefebvre had a great career as a player with Montreal,Quebec/Colorado, Toronto and the Rangers. He spent the last three years as an assistant coach to Joe Sacco in Colorado and this will mark his first time as a head coach.
Lefebvre replaces Clement Jodoin as the head man in Hamilton while Jodoin will look to land an assistant role with Michel Therrien in Montreal.
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 4
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 19
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (85)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights