Jun 13, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
Today, the 40-year-old goalie reiterated his stance (via NHL.com’s Dan Rosen), calling Parise “the face of the Devils” – an interesting comment from Brodeur, who many would pick as the face of the Devils, if they had to pick one.
Echoing Brodeur’s sentiments on Parise was Ilya Kovalchuk.
“That’s our first priority this offseason, to re-sign him,” said Kovalchuk, as per ESPN.com’s Katie Strang. “He’s our leader.”
Parise is expected to speak later, though we’d be surprised if he committed to anything other than remaining noncommittal. But if he does decide to leave New Jersey, at the very least he’ll leave feeling sort of guilty.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)