Jun 13, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Today, the 40-year-old goalie reiterated his stance (via NHL.com’s Dan Rosen), calling Parise “the face of the Devils” – an interesting comment from Brodeur, who many would pick as the face of the Devils, if they had to pick one.
Echoing Brodeur’s sentiments on Parise was Ilya Kovalchuk.
“That’s our first priority this offseason, to re-sign him,” said Kovalchuk, as per ESPN.com’s Katie Strang. “He’s our leader.”
Parise is expected to speak later, though we’d be surprised if he committed to anything other than remaining noncommittal. But if he does decide to leave New Jersey, at the very least he’ll leave feeling sort of guilty.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6