Jun 13, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Today, the 40-year-old goalie reiterated his stance (via NHL.com’s Dan Rosen), calling Parise “the face of the Devils” – an interesting comment from Brodeur, who many would pick as the face of the Devils, if they had to pick one.
Echoing Brodeur’s sentiments on Parise was Ilya Kovalchuk.
“That’s our first priority this offseason, to re-sign him,” said Kovalchuk, as per ESPN.com’s Katie Strang. “He’s our leader.”
Parise is expected to speak later, though we’d be surprised if he committed to anything other than remaining noncommittal. But if he does decide to leave New Jersey, at the very least he’ll leave feeling sort of guilty.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)