Jun 13, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Today, the 40-year-old goalie reiterated his stance (via NHL.com’s Dan Rosen), calling Parise “the face of the Devils” – an interesting comment from Brodeur, who many would pick as the face of the Devils, if they had to pick one.
Echoing Brodeur’s sentiments on Parise was Ilya Kovalchuk.
“That’s our first priority this offseason, to re-sign him,” said Kovalchuk, as per ESPN.com’s Katie Strang. “He’s our leader.”
Parise is expected to speak later, though we’d be surprised if he committed to anything other than remaining noncommittal. But if he does decide to leave New Jersey, at the very least he’ll leave feeling sort of guilty.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 49
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (53)