Jun 13, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
Today, the 40-year-old goalie reiterated his stance (via NHL.com’s Dan Rosen), calling Parise “the face of the Devils” – an interesting comment from Brodeur, who many would pick as the face of the Devils, if they had to pick one.
Echoing Brodeur’s sentiments on Parise was Ilya Kovalchuk.
“That’s our first priority this offseason, to re-sign him,” said Kovalchuk, as per ESPN.com’s Katie Strang. “He’s our leader.”
Parise is expected to speak later, though we’d be surprised if he committed to anything other than remaining noncommittal. But if he does decide to leave New Jersey, at the very least he’ll leave feeling sort of guilty.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 76
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2