Jun 12, 2012, 6:02 PM EDT
The Star-Ledger estimates the New Jersey Devils took in $32.3 million during the team’s playoff run to the Stanley Cup finals – a welcome addition to the coffers of the financially challenged club.
Of course, all that revenue from ticket and beer sales won’t come close to wiping out the reported $200 million in debt, with $77 million due this summer.
But hey, better than nothing.
Related: Devils reportedly land new investor
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36