Jun 12, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
According to the gossip website, the first stop the Los Angeles Kings made last night with the Stanley Cup was the North End Bar and Grill in Hermosa Beach.
If you’re wondering why that particular bar, the L.A. Times explained in a story last week:
Many of the players drink there, call patrons their neighbors and mingle freely at community events.
Last week, as the Kings were on the road to their first Cup victory, North End patron Jennifer Henriksen proudly pulled out her iPhone and showed off images of players celebrating at the bar a few weeks earlier.
“These boys are just real down-to-earth, solid people,” said Henriksen, better known as “Hockey Jen” to bar regulars. “We want to see them have the run of their lives…. Really, it couldn’t happen to a more solid, genuine, grounded group of guys.”
According to the Times, almost every single Kings player lives in one of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, or Redondo Beach.
Must be hell.
(Front-page image via City-Data.com)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50