Jun 12, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
According to the gossip website, the first stop the Los Angeles Kings made last night with the Stanley Cup was the North End Bar and Grill in Hermosa Beach.
If you’re wondering why that particular bar, the L.A. Times explained in a story last week:
Many of the players drink there, call patrons their neighbors and mingle freely at community events.
Last week, as the Kings were on the road to their first Cup victory, North End patron Jennifer Henriksen proudly pulled out her iPhone and showed off images of players celebrating at the bar a few weeks earlier.
“These boys are just real down-to-earth, solid people,” said Henriksen, better known as “Hockey Jen” to bar regulars. “We want to see them have the run of their lives…. Really, it couldn’t happen to a more solid, genuine, grounded group of guys.”
According to the Times, almost every single Kings player lives in one of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, or Redondo Beach.
Must be hell.
(Front-page image via City-Data.com)
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 14
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 21
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 62
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 53
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights