Jun 12, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
According to the gossip website, the first stop the Los Angeles Kings made last night with the Stanley Cup was the North End Bar and Grill in Hermosa Beach.
If you’re wondering why that particular bar, the L.A. Times explained in a story last week:
Many of the players drink there, call patrons their neighbors and mingle freely at community events.
Last week, as the Kings were on the road to their first Cup victory, North End patron Jennifer Henriksen proudly pulled out her iPhone and showed off images of players celebrating at the bar a few weeks earlier.
“These boys are just real down-to-earth, solid people,” said Henriksen, better known as “Hockey Jen” to bar regulars. “We want to see them have the run of their lives…. Really, it couldn’t happen to a more solid, genuine, grounded group of guys.”
According to the Times, almost every single Kings player lives in one of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, or Redondo Beach.
Must be hell.
(Front-page image via City-Data.com)
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20