Jun 12, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
According to the gossip website, the first stop the Los Angeles Kings made last night with the Stanley Cup was the North End Bar and Grill in Hermosa Beach.
If you’re wondering why that particular bar, the L.A. Times explained in a story last week:
Many of the players drink there, call patrons their neighbors and mingle freely at community events.
Last week, as the Kings were on the road to their first Cup victory, North End patron Jennifer Henriksen proudly pulled out her iPhone and showed off images of players celebrating at the bar a few weeks earlier.
“These boys are just real down-to-earth, solid people,” said Henriksen, better known as “Hockey Jen” to bar regulars. “We want to see them have the run of their lives…. Really, it couldn’t happen to a more solid, genuine, grounded group of guys.”
According to the Times, almost every single Kings player lives in one of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, or Redondo Beach.
Must be hell.
(Front-page image via City-Data.com)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25