Jun 12, 2012, 5:28 PM EST
According to the gossip website, the first stop the Los Angeles Kings made last night with the Stanley Cup was the North End Bar and Grill in Hermosa Beach.
If you’re wondering why that particular bar, the L.A. Times explained in a story last week:
Many of the players drink there, call patrons their neighbors and mingle freely at community events.
Last week, as the Kings were on the road to their first Cup victory, North End patron Jennifer Henriksen proudly pulled out her iPhone and showed off images of players celebrating at the bar a few weeks earlier.
“These boys are just real down-to-earth, solid people,” said Henriksen, better known as “Hockey Jen” to bar regulars. “We want to see them have the run of their lives…. Really, it couldn’t happen to a more solid, genuine, grounded group of guys.”
According to the Times, almost every single Kings player lives in one of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, or Redondo Beach.
Must be hell.
(Front-page image via City-Data.com)
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 5
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16