Jun 12, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT
Now that the Stanley Cup finals are over and the Los Angeles Kings are champions, the next piece of business for the NHL is the draft on June 22-23. With the finals over, we now know what position everyone will be picking from.
Adam Kimelman of NHL.com lays it all out for us as the Devils will be picking at 29 and the Kings 30th overall thanks to winning it all. There’s one hang-up left, however, as the Devils have the option to forfeit their pick this year or next year thanks to circumventing the salary cap with Ilya Kovalchuk‘s contract.
Here’s the final order for the first round of this year’s draft.
4. N.Y. Islanders
10. Tampa Bay
11. Washington (from Colorado)
17. San Jose
19. Tampa Bay (from Detroit)
21. Buffalo (from Nashville)
25. St. Louis
28. N.Y. Rangers
29. New Jersey
30. Los Angeles
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 0
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 13
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 18
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 15
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 50
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35