Jun 12, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT
Now that the Stanley Cup finals are over and the Los Angeles Kings are champions, the next piece of business for the NHL is the draft on June 22-23. With the finals over, we now know what position everyone will be picking from.
Adam Kimelman of NHL.com lays it all out for us as the Devils will be picking at 29 and the Kings 30th overall thanks to winning it all. There’s one hang-up left, however, as the Devils have the option to forfeit their pick this year or next year thanks to circumventing the salary cap with Ilya Kovalchuk‘s contract.
Here’s the final order for the first round of this year’s draft.
4. N.Y. Islanders
10. Tampa Bay
11. Washington (from Colorado)
17. San Jose
19. Tampa Bay (from Detroit)
21. Buffalo (from Nashville)
25. St. Louis
28. N.Y. Rangers
29. New Jersey
30. Los Angeles
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 45
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5