Jun 12, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT
Now that the Stanley Cup finals are over and the Los Angeles Kings are champions, the next piece of business for the NHL is the draft on June 22-23. With the finals over, we now know what position everyone will be picking from.
Adam Kimelman of NHL.com lays it all out for us as the Devils will be picking at 29 and the Kings 30th overall thanks to winning it all. There’s one hang-up left, however, as the Devils have the option to forfeit their pick this year or next year thanks to circumventing the salary cap with Ilya Kovalchuk‘s contract.
Here’s the final order for the first round of this year’s draft.
4. N.Y. Islanders
10. Tampa Bay
11. Washington (from Colorado)
17. San Jose
19. Tampa Bay (from Detroit)
21. Buffalo (from Nashville)
25. St. Louis
28. N.Y. Rangers
29. New Jersey
30. Los Angeles
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22