Jun 12, 2012, 10:48 AM EST
Now that the Stanley Cup finals are over and the Los Angeles Kings are champions, the next piece of business for the NHL is the draft on June 22-23. With the finals over, we now know what position everyone will be picking from.
Adam Kimelman of NHL.com lays it all out for us as the Devils will be picking at 29 and the Kings 30th overall thanks to winning it all. There’s one hang-up left, however, as the Devils have the option to forfeit their pick this year or next year thanks to circumventing the salary cap with Ilya Kovalchuk‘s contract.
Here’s the final order for the first round of this year’s draft.
4. N.Y. Islanders
10. Tampa Bay
11. Washington (from Colorado)
17. San Jose
19. Tampa Bay (from Detroit)
21. Buffalo (from Nashville)
25. St. Louis
28. N.Y. Rangers
29. New Jersey
30. Los Angeles
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5