Jun 12, 2012, 10:48 AM EST
Now that the Stanley Cup finals are over and the Los Angeles Kings are champions, the next piece of business for the NHL is the draft on June 22-23. With the finals over, we now know what position everyone will be picking from.
Adam Kimelman of NHL.com lays it all out for us as the Devils will be picking at 29 and the Kings 30th overall thanks to winning it all. There’s one hang-up left, however, as the Devils have the option to forfeit their pick this year or next year thanks to circumventing the salary cap with Ilya Kovalchuk‘s contract.
Here’s the final order for the first round of this year’s draft.
4. N.Y. Islanders
10. Tampa Bay
11. Washington (from Colorado)
17. San Jose
19. Tampa Bay (from Detroit)
21. Buffalo (from Nashville)
25. St. Louis
28. N.Y. Rangers
29. New Jersey
30. Los Angeles
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35