Jun 12, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
The season has barely been over for 12 hours, but one online gambling site has the jump on who they believe are the Stanley Cup favorites for next season.
Bovada.com laid out their odds on who they believe have the best shot at raising Lord Stanley’s Cup next June and the Los Angeles Kings aren’t at the top of the list. Instead it’s Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and the Pittsburgh Penguins they’re giving the best odds to with a 7/1 shot of winning it all. The Kings, meanwhile, are the next best bet at 11/1. The Eastern Conference champion New Jersey Devils shake out at 30/1.
Five teams check in as the third-best bets at 12/1. Chicago, Detroit, the Rangers, Vancouver, and St. Louis get the nod there. Perhaps those guys haven’t heard about how Roberto Luongo might wind up somewhere else next year. Then again, maybe they’ve already taken that into account.
Here’s the full rundown of odds:
Los Angeles: 11/1
Chicago, NY Rangers, Detroit, St. Louis, Vancouver: 12/1
Boston, Philadelphia: 14/1
San Jose: 22/1
Anaheim, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Washington: 25/1
New Jersey: 30/1
Florida, Toronto: 35/1
Colorado, Dallas, Ottawa, Phoenix, Winnipeg: 40/1
Calgary, Carolina: 50/1
Edmonton, Montreal: 60/1
Columbus, Minnesota, NY Islanders: 75/1
The Capitals’ odds seem a bit harsh. Apparently a team without a coach and an unsure direction might not be a great gamble.
Mar 9, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
Calgary releases a statement on the matter.
Mar 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Mar 9, 2014, 3:57 PM EDT
The appetite to make a change seems to be growing.
Mar 9, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Detroit has lost its Wild Card spot.
Mar 9, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
The once promising rookie was put on waivers by Ottawa.
Mar 9, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
He’s scored in every New Jersey game since the Olympics.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
That’s on top of all the talent they traded away.
Mar 9, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Can Johan Franzen maintain his incredible post-Olympics pace?
Mar 9, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The 21-year-old is making the transition from the KHL.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
It helped lead St. Louis to its fourth straight win.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Buffalo hasn’t been so bad lately, despite what the team looks like on paper.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They both desperately need every point they can get.
Mar 9, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
A much-needed victory for Vancouver.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
Short ones on Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo: quiet, so far.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin is just on fire right now.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
Dallas scored once on the resulting five-minute major penalty.
Mar 8, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
Seeding battles heat up.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Jaroslav Halak wins in his Washington debut.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
He scored the game-winner for New Jersey against Carolina.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 13
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)