Jun 12, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
The season has barely been over for 12 hours, but one online gambling site has the jump on who they believe are the Stanley Cup favorites for next season.
Bovada.com laid out their odds on who they believe have the best shot at raising Lord Stanley’s Cup next June and the Los Angeles Kings aren’t at the top of the list. Instead it’s Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and the Pittsburgh Penguins they’re giving the best odds to with a 7/1 shot of winning it all. The Kings, meanwhile, are the next best bet at 11/1. The Eastern Conference champion New Jersey Devils shake out at 30/1.
Five teams check in as the third-best bets at 12/1. Chicago, Detroit, the Rangers, Vancouver, and St. Louis get the nod there. Perhaps those guys haven’t heard about how Roberto Luongo might wind up somewhere else next year. Then again, maybe they’ve already taken that into account.
Here’s the full rundown of odds:
Los Angeles: 11/1
Chicago, NY Rangers, Detroit, St. Louis, Vancouver: 12/1
Boston, Philadelphia: 14/1
San Jose: 22/1
Anaheim, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Washington: 25/1
New Jersey: 30/1
Florida, Toronto: 35/1
Colorado, Dallas, Ottawa, Phoenix, Winnipeg: 40/1
Calgary, Carolina: 50/1
Edmonton, Montreal: 60/1
Columbus, Minnesota, NY Islanders: 75/1
The Capitals’ odds seem a bit harsh. Apparently a team without a coach and an unsure direction might not be a great gamble.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:47 AM EDT
Took this game over in the second period.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
Patrick Roy: “We’re going to be very smart about when he’s going to come back.”
Apr 20, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
Was shaken up after taking a knee to the head.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
Just another game between these two California rivals.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:34 PM EDT
Jon Cooper straddles the line between snarky and careful.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
Tough breaks for Tampa Bay.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
Remarkable … and risky?
Apr 20, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Kings hope to avoid two straight years of 0-2 first-round deficits.
Apr 20, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Tampa Bay’s captain managed to return later in the game.
Apr 20, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Classy gesture after 16 seasons with the Predators.
Apr 20, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Not exactly an ideal start for Anders Lindback.
Apr 20, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
He stopped 31 out of 33 in Sunday’s win vs. the Rangers.
Apr 20, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Can the Bolts get back in this series?
Apr 20, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
Milan Lucic scored a goal a game after that spearing incident.
Apr 20, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
They are playing on opposite sides in the Detroit-Boston series.
Apr 20, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
They’re down 2-0 to Montreal going into Game 3 tonight.
Apr 20, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
The series is tied at 1-1.
Apr 20, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Chicago will have to find a way to get back into this series without one of its top defenseman.
Apr 20, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
It’s the second part of NBC’s doubleheader.
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 1
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 20
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 58
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (90)