Jun 12, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
The season has barely been over for 12 hours, but one online gambling site has the jump on who they believe are the Stanley Cup favorites for next season.
Bovada.com laid out their odds on who they believe have the best shot at raising Lord Stanley’s Cup next June and the Los Angeles Kings aren’t at the top of the list. Instead it’s Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and the Pittsburgh Penguins they’re giving the best odds to with a 7/1 shot of winning it all. The Kings, meanwhile, are the next best bet at 11/1. The Eastern Conference champion New Jersey Devils shake out at 30/1.
Five teams check in as the third-best bets at 12/1. Chicago, Detroit, the Rangers, Vancouver, and St. Louis get the nod there. Perhaps those guys haven’t heard about how Roberto Luongo might wind up somewhere else next year. Then again, maybe they’ve already taken that into account.
Here’s the full rundown of odds:
Los Angeles: 11/1
Chicago, NY Rangers, Detroit, St. Louis, Vancouver: 12/1
Boston, Philadelphia: 14/1
San Jose: 22/1
Anaheim, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Washington: 25/1
New Jersey: 30/1
Florida, Toronto: 35/1
Colorado, Dallas, Ottawa, Phoenix, Winnipeg: 40/1
Calgary, Carolina: 50/1
Edmonton, Montreal: 60/1
Columbus, Minnesota, NY Islanders: 75/1
The Capitals’ odds seem a bit harsh. Apparently a team without a coach and an unsure direction might not be a great gamble.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54