Jun 12, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
The season has barely been over for 12 hours, but one online gambling site has the jump on who they believe are the Stanley Cup favorites for next season.
Bovada.com laid out their odds on who they believe have the best shot at raising Lord Stanley’s Cup next June and the Los Angeles Kings aren’t at the top of the list. Instead it’s Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and the Pittsburgh Penguins they’re giving the best odds to with a 7/1 shot of winning it all. The Kings, meanwhile, are the next best bet at 11/1. The Eastern Conference champion New Jersey Devils shake out at 30/1.
Five teams check in as the third-best bets at 12/1. Chicago, Detroit, the Rangers, Vancouver, and St. Louis get the nod there. Perhaps those guys haven’t heard about how Roberto Luongo might wind up somewhere else next year. Then again, maybe they’ve already taken that into account.
Here’s the full rundown of odds:
Los Angeles: 11/1
Chicago, NY Rangers, Detroit, St. Louis, Vancouver: 12/1
Boston, Philadelphia: 14/1
San Jose: 22/1
Anaheim, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Washington: 25/1
New Jersey: 30/1
Florida, Toronto: 35/1
Colorado, Dallas, Ottawa, Phoenix, Winnipeg: 40/1
Calgary, Carolina: 50/1
Edmonton, Montreal: 60/1
Columbus, Minnesota, NY Islanders: 75/1
The Capitals’ odds seem a bit harsh. Apparently a team without a coach and an unsure direction might not be a great gamble.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)