Jun 12, 2012, 11:46 PM EDT
On face value, Vancouver Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini’s divorce headaches fall under the “rich people problems” category. Still, that uncomfortable process could negatively affect the team, most notably if the team’s financial information is made public.
Tracy Jackson, a lawyer for Taliah Aquilini, said her client was worried about Francesco Aquilini conducting himself “under a cloud of secrecy” in the litigation and in an “unreasonable” and “unnecessarily aggressive” manner.
“In fact, with the benefit of public scrutiny, Mr. Aquilini will be more likely to behave and conduct himself in the litigation in a more reasonable fashion.”
Jackson said that “the cat’s out of the bag” and where there is already publicity in a case, the courts should be less likely to grant a sealing order.
Follow the link for more details, which essentially often devolve into the uncomfortable accusations and bitter feelings that often fly around during divorce hearings.
For hockey fans, the most important bits revolve around whether or not this scenario might hamstring the Canucks financially in some way, although things could get even more messy/interesting if those records become available. It’s hard to imagine this situation becoming as damaging as the Los Angeles Dodgers’ recent nightmare, but we’ll need to wait and see.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)