Jun 12, 2012, 11:46 PM EDT
On face value, Vancouver Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini’s divorce headaches fall under the “rich people problems” category. Still, that uncomfortable process could negatively affect the team, most notably if the team’s financial information is made public.
Tracy Jackson, a lawyer for Taliah Aquilini, said her client was worried about Francesco Aquilini conducting himself “under a cloud of secrecy” in the litigation and in an “unreasonable” and “unnecessarily aggressive” manner.
“In fact, with the benefit of public scrutiny, Mr. Aquilini will be more likely to behave and conduct himself in the litigation in a more reasonable fashion.”
Jackson said that “the cat’s out of the bag” and where there is already publicity in a case, the courts should be less likely to grant a sealing order.
Follow the link for more details, which essentially often devolve into the uncomfortable accusations and bitter feelings that often fly around during divorce hearings.
For hockey fans, the most important bits revolve around whether or not this scenario might hamstring the Canucks financially in some way, although things could get even more messy/interesting if those records become available. It’s hard to imagine this situation becoming as damaging as the Los Angeles Dodgers’ recent nightmare, but we’ll need to wait and see.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)