Jun 12, 2012, 11:46 PM EST
On face value, Vancouver Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini’s divorce headaches fall under the “rich people problems” category. Still, that uncomfortable process could negatively affect the team, most notably if the team’s financial information is made public.
Tracy Jackson, a lawyer for Taliah Aquilini, said her client was worried about Francesco Aquilini conducting himself “under a cloud of secrecy” in the litigation and in an “unreasonable” and “unnecessarily aggressive” manner.
“In fact, with the benefit of public scrutiny, Mr. Aquilini will be more likely to behave and conduct himself in the litigation in a more reasonable fashion.”
Jackson said that “the cat’s out of the bag” and where there is already publicity in a case, the courts should be less likely to grant a sealing order.
Follow the link for more details, which essentially often devolve into the uncomfortable accusations and bitter feelings that often fly around during divorce hearings.
For hockey fans, the most important bits revolve around whether or not this scenario might hamstring the Canucks financially in some way, although things could get even more messy/interesting if those records become available. It’s hard to imagine this situation becoming as damaging as the Los Angeles Dodgers’ recent nightmare, but we’ll need to wait and see.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 16
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 5
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)