Jun 12, 2012, 1:27 PM EDT
Seems like it’s been a while since we heard from Brian Burke. However, the Maple Leafs’ GM couldn’t stay silent after Hockey Night in Canada’s Elliott Friedman reported there were “rumblings that Toronto will offer Luke Schenn to Edmonton for a swap of first-rounders” in his weekly column for CBC.ca.
Friedman’s report quickly made the rounds on Twitter, message boards and tremendous hockey blogs, much to the dismay of Burke.
“Typical of Hockey Night,” he told the Toronto Star. “I have never discussed this trade or any trade involving Luke Schenn to Edmonton.”
Burke added: “Some editorial control at Hockey Night would be nice for a change.”
Of course, this isn’t the first time Burke has taken issue with HNIC…
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 38
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1