Jun 12, 2012, 1:27 PM EDT
Seems like it’s been a while since we heard from Brian Burke. However, the Maple Leafs’ GM couldn’t stay silent after Hockey Night in Canada’s Elliott Friedman reported there were “rumblings that Toronto will offer Luke Schenn to Edmonton for a swap of first-rounders” in his weekly column for CBC.ca.
Friedman’s report quickly made the rounds on Twitter, message boards and tremendous hockey blogs, much to the dismay of Burke.
“Typical of Hockey Night,” he told the Toronto Star. “I have never discussed this trade or any trade involving Luke Schenn to Edmonton.”
Burke added: “Some editorial control at Hockey Night would be nice for a change.”
Of course, this isn’t the first time Burke has taken issue with HNIC…
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47