Jun 12, 2012, 1:27 PM EST
Seems like it’s been a while since we heard from Brian Burke. However, the Maple Leafs’ GM couldn’t stay silent after Hockey Night in Canada’s Elliott Friedman reported there were “rumblings that Toronto will offer Luke Schenn to Edmonton for a swap of first-rounders” in his weekly column for CBC.ca.
Friedman’s report quickly made the rounds on Twitter, message boards and tremendous hockey blogs, much to the dismay of Burke.
“Typical of Hockey Night,” he told the Toronto Star. “I have never discussed this trade or any trade involving Luke Schenn to Edmonton.”
Burke added: “Some editorial control at Hockey Night would be nice for a change.”
Of course, this isn’t the first time Burke has taken issue with HNIC…
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56