Jun 11, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Former NHL general manager Craig Button has released his final draft rankings over at TSN.ca. No surprise, Russian forward Nail Yakupov tops the list. After that, it’s two defensemen, Mathew Dumba and Morgan Reilly, followed by forwards Alex Galchenyuk and Teuvo Teravainen.
Button’s most controversial assessment will be Mikhail Grigorenko at No. 20. The talented Russian is ranked No. 3 among North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting.
Another player Button isn’t quite as sold on is defenseman Ryan Murray, who he’s got at No. 13.
On the other hand, he’s got d-man Matt Finn at No. 9 and center Mark Jankowski at No. 14, while Central Scouting has both those players considerably lower.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)