Jun 11, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
It’s one thing to get a chance like that in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals, but it’s quite another to execute on it. The Kings couldn’t have done much better with three power-play goals.
You can watch all three of them below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
In those five minutes, the Kings got more goals past Brodeur than they did in their Games 4 and 5 losses combined. They effectively erased whatever momentum the New Jersey Devils might have built up.
Los Angeles went on to earn a 6-1 victory and be the first team since 2007 to win the Stanley Cup on home ice.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)