Jun 11, 2012, 11:35 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings fans suffered a long time to get to tonight. Some particularly sturdy ones have been there with the team since it was founded way back in 1967.
Chances are, though, that all of them will savor every memory from an impressive 16-4 run through the playoffs.
That said, we’d guess that these five goals rank as the most “iconic.”
April 22: Jarret Stoll eliminates the Vancouver Canucks in OT.
May 22: Dustin Penner knocks the Phoenix Coyotes out of the playoffs – also in overtime.
June 2: Jeff Carter generates sudden death for the New Jersey Devils in Game 2:
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires