Jun 11, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Rob Scuderi went down hard after New Jersey’s Steve Bernier delivered a big hit from behind. There was blood on the ice when Scuderi finally got up and Bernier received a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. That blow directly led to three power-play goals for the Los Angeles Kings.
If you missed the hit, you can view it here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Scuderi previously won the Stanley Cup with the Pittsburgh Penguins back in 2009. He only has one point in the postseason, but Scuderi has been a huge part of the Kings’ defensive game. He ranks third on the team in playing time per game and he’s one of their go to guys when they’re shorthanded.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)