Jun 11, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Rob Scuderi went down hard after New Jersey’s Steve Bernier delivered a big hit from behind. There was blood on the ice when Scuderi finally got up and Bernier received a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. That blow directly led to three power-play goals for the Los Angeles Kings.
If you missed the hit, you can view it here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Scuderi previously won the Stanley Cup with the Pittsburgh Penguins back in 2009. He only has one point in the postseason, but Scuderi has been a huge part of the Kings’ defensive game. He ranks third on the team in playing time per game and he’s one of their go to guys when they’re shorthanded.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 0
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 13
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 18
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 15
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 50
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35