Jun 11, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Rob Scuderi went down hard after New Jersey’s Steve Bernier delivered a big hit from behind. There was blood on the ice when Scuderi finally got up and Bernier received a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. That blow directly led to three power-play goals for the Los Angeles Kings.
If you missed the hit, you can view it here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Scuderi previously won the Stanley Cup with the Pittsburgh Penguins back in 2009. He only has one point in the postseason, but Scuderi has been a huge part of the Kings’ defensive game. He ranks third on the team in playing time per game and he’s one of their go to guys when they’re shorthanded.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)