Jun 11, 2012, 10:01 PM EST
Rob Scuderi went down hard after New Jersey’s Steve Bernier delivered a big hit from behind. There was blood on the ice when Scuderi finally got up and Bernier received a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. That blow directly led to three power-play goals for the Los Angeles Kings.
If you missed the hit, you can view it here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Scuderi previously won the Stanley Cup with the Pittsburgh Penguins back in 2009. He only has one point in the postseason, but Scuderi has been a huge part of the Kings’ defensive game. He ranks third on the team in playing time per game and he’s one of their go to guys when they’re shorthanded.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)