Jun 11, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Rob Scuderi went down hard after New Jersey’s Steve Bernier delivered a big hit from behind. There was blood on the ice when Scuderi finally got up and Bernier received a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. That blow directly led to three power-play goals for the Los Angeles Kings.
If you missed the hit, you can view it here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Scuderi previously won the Stanley Cup with the Pittsburgh Penguins back in 2009. He only has one point in the postseason, but Scuderi has been a huge part of the Kings’ defensive game. He ranks third on the team in playing time per game and he’s one of their go to guys when they’re shorthanded.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)