Jun 11, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
Haggerty spoke to both representation of the two players and the Bruins organization, with both sides saying the deals are done in principle and only details need to be ironed out.
While money and term are still unknown, we can confirm the Bruins will roll into 2012-13 with a near-identical roster that saw them win the Northeast Division last season and finish second in the Eastern Conference.
(Minus Tim Thomas, of course.)
Kelly and Campbell will all but fill out Boston’s depth at center, leaving just RFA Benoit Pouliot as the lone unsigned forward. Everybody but Joe Corvo is expected to be back on defense. The future of Nathan Horton is a question mark, but in terms of security he’s inked until 2014.
As for those about to sign…
Kelly, 31, scored a career-high 20 goals and 39 points last year, chipping in with three points in seven playoff games. He was in the last year of a four-year, $8.5 million deal that paid $2.125 million annually, and its likely he re-signed for similar money.
Campbell, 28, saw his role decrease slightly from the Stanley Cup-winning campaign but still finished last season with a respectable 8G-8A-16PTS in 78 games. He too was in the final year of his contract, a two-year deal worth $1.1 million annually.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)