Jun 11, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
Haggerty spoke to both representation of the two players and the Bruins organization, with both sides saying the deals are done in principle and only details need to be ironed out.
While money and term are still unknown, we can confirm the Bruins will roll into 2012-13 with a near-identical roster that saw them win the Northeast Division last season and finish second in the Eastern Conference.
(Minus Tim Thomas, of course.)
Kelly and Campbell will all but fill out Boston’s depth at center, leaving just RFA Benoit Pouliot as the lone unsigned forward. Everybody but Joe Corvo is expected to be back on defense. The future of Nathan Horton is a question mark, but in terms of security he’s inked until 2014.
As for those about to sign…
Kelly, 31, scored a career-high 20 goals and 39 points last year, chipping in with three points in seven playoff games. He was in the last year of a four-year, $8.5 million deal that paid $2.125 million annually, and its likely he re-signed for similar money.
Campbell, 28, saw his role decrease slightly from the Stanley Cup-winning campaign but still finished last season with a respectable 8G-8A-16PTS in 78 games. He too was in the final year of his contract, a two-year deal worth $1.1 million annually.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 36
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)