Jun 11, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
Haggerty spoke to both representation of the two players and the Bruins organization, with both sides saying the deals are done in principle and only details need to be ironed out.
While money and term are still unknown, we can confirm the Bruins will roll into 2012-13 with a near-identical roster that saw them win the Northeast Division last season and finish second in the Eastern Conference.
(Minus Tim Thomas, of course.)
Kelly and Campbell will all but fill out Boston’s depth at center, leaving just RFA Benoit Pouliot as the lone unsigned forward. Everybody but Joe Corvo is expected to be back on defense. The future of Nathan Horton is a question mark, but in terms of security he’s inked until 2014.
As for those about to sign…
Kelly, 31, scored a career-high 20 goals and 39 points last year, chipping in with three points in seven playoff games. He was in the last year of a four-year, $8.5 million deal that paid $2.125 million annually, and its likely he re-signed for similar money.
Campbell, 28, saw his role decrease slightly from the Stanley Cup-winning campaign but still finished last season with a respectable 8G-8A-16PTS in 78 games. He too was in the final year of his contract, a two-year deal worth $1.1 million annually.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (65)