Jun 11, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
Haggerty spoke to both representation of the two players and the Bruins organization, with both sides saying the deals are done in principle and only details need to be ironed out.
While money and term are still unknown, we can confirm the Bruins will roll into 2012-13 with a near-identical roster that saw them win the Northeast Division last season and finish second in the Eastern Conference.
(Minus Tim Thomas, of course.)
Kelly and Campbell will all but fill out Boston’s depth at center, leaving just RFA Benoit Pouliot as the lone unsigned forward. Everybody but Joe Corvo is expected to be back on defense. The future of Nathan Horton is a question mark, but in terms of security he’s inked until 2014.
As for those about to sign…
Kelly, 31, scored a career-high 20 goals and 39 points last year, chipping in with three points in seven playoff games. He was in the last year of a four-year, $8.5 million deal that paid $2.125 million annually, and its likely he re-signed for similar money.
Campbell, 28, saw his role decrease slightly from the Stanley Cup-winning campaign but still finished last season with a respectable 8G-8A-16PTS in 78 games. He too was in the final year of his contract, a two-year deal worth $1.1 million annually.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)