Jun 11, 2012, 10:07 AM EDT
Yesterday we heard from Drew Doughty about how the scene surrounding Game 4 in Los Angeles with the Kings on the brink of winning the Stanley Cup on home ice proved to be a big distraction. The other side of that coin, however, is that such a scene can be motivation for the team going into such an atmosphere.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer addressed what Doughty had to say in yesterday’s media availability and said spoiling the Kings’ party plans only gave them something else to shoot for.
“Sure, that’s motivation,” DeBoer said. “When your bus has to pull by the 10 limos parked on the road for the after party, that’s definitely a motivation.”
The celebrities, the glitz, the glam, the bottles of champagne on ice in said limos… Yeah, I would be fired up to make sure everyone’s plans got ruined too. Will the scene be any different tonight for Game 6 though? Not likely. The Kings are still a win away from winning it all and Doughty says they learned their lesson in getting too far ahead of themselves. Maybe this time they can park the limousines somewhere the Devils (and Kings) won’t see them.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 8
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 106
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)