Jun 11, 2012, 10:07 AM EDT
Yesterday we heard from Drew Doughty about how the scene surrounding Game 4 in Los Angeles with the Kings on the brink of winning the Stanley Cup on home ice proved to be a big distraction. The other side of that coin, however, is that such a scene can be motivation for the team going into such an atmosphere.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer addressed what Doughty had to say in yesterday’s media availability and said spoiling the Kings’ party plans only gave them something else to shoot for.
“Sure, that’s motivation,” DeBoer said. “When your bus has to pull by the 10 limos parked on the road for the after party, that’s definitely a motivation.”
The celebrities, the glitz, the glam, the bottles of champagne on ice in said limos… Yeah, I would be fired up to make sure everyone’s plans got ruined too. Will the scene be any different tonight for Game 6 though? Not likely. The Kings are still a win away from winning it all and Doughty says they learned their lesson in getting too far ahead of themselves. Maybe this time they can park the limousines somewhere the Devils (and Kings) won’t see them.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21