Jun 11, 2012, 10:07 AM EDT
Yesterday we heard from Drew Doughty about how the scene surrounding Game 4 in Los Angeles with the Kings on the brink of winning the Stanley Cup on home ice proved to be a big distraction. The other side of that coin, however, is that such a scene can be motivation for the team going into such an atmosphere.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer addressed what Doughty had to say in yesterday’s media availability and said spoiling the Kings’ party plans only gave them something else to shoot for.
“Sure, that’s motivation,” DeBoer said. “When your bus has to pull by the 10 limos parked on the road for the after party, that’s definitely a motivation.”
The celebrities, the glitz, the glam, the bottles of champagne on ice in said limos… Yeah, I would be fired up to make sure everyone’s plans got ruined too. Will the scene be any different tonight for Game 6 though? Not likely. The Kings are still a win away from winning it all and Doughty says they learned their lesson in getting too far ahead of themselves. Maybe this time they can park the limousines somewhere the Devils (and Kings) won’t see them.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 13
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)