Jun 11, 2012, 10:07 AM EST
Yesterday we heard from Drew Doughty about how the scene surrounding Game 4 in Los Angeles with the Kings on the brink of winning the Stanley Cup on home ice proved to be a big distraction. The other side of that coin, however, is that such a scene can be motivation for the team going into such an atmosphere.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer addressed what Doughty had to say in yesterday’s media availability and said spoiling the Kings’ party plans only gave them something else to shoot for.
“Sure, that’s motivation,” DeBoer said. “When your bus has to pull by the 10 limos parked on the road for the after party, that’s definitely a motivation.”
The celebrities, the glitz, the glam, the bottles of champagne on ice in said limos… Yeah, I would be fired up to make sure everyone’s plans got ruined too. Will the scene be any different tonight for Game 6 though? Not likely. The Kings are still a win away from winning it all and Doughty says they learned their lesson in getting too far ahead of themselves. Maybe this time they can park the limousines somewhere the Devils (and Kings) won’t see them.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)