Jun 11, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
Other hockey people took to Twitter to discuss the polarizing topics.
Meanwhile, NBC on NHL analysts Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discussed the Bernier hit on Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi soon after it happened — during the first period intermission report.
Milbury believes officials were correct in handing Bernier a five-minute major and game misconduct. He also downplayed a Jarret Stoll hit on Stephen Gionta, which seemingly bothered the Devils’ coaching staff as much as the Bernier call.
Check out what Milbury and Jones had to say in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)