Jun 11, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
Other hockey people took to Twitter to discuss the polarizing topics.
Meanwhile, NBC on NHL analysts Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discussed the Bernier hit on Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi soon after it happened — during the first period intermission report.
Milbury believes officials were correct in handing Bernier a five-minute major and game misconduct. He also downplayed a Jarret Stoll hit on Stephen Gionta, which seemingly bothered the Devils’ coaching staff as much as the Bernier call.
Check out what Milbury and Jones had to say in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 27
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)