Jun 11, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
Other hockey people took to Twitter to discuss the polarizing topics.
Meanwhile, NBC on NHL analysts Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discussed the Bernier hit on Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi soon after it happened — during the first period intermission report.
Milbury believes officials were correct in handing Bernier a five-minute major and game misconduct. He also downplayed a Jarret Stoll hit on Stephen Gionta, which seemingly bothered the Devils’ coaching staff as much as the Bernier call.
Check out what Milbury and Jones had to say in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 25
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)