Jun 11, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
Other hockey people took to Twitter to discuss the polarizing topics.
Meanwhile, NBC on NHL analysts Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discussed the Bernier hit on Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi soon after it happened — during the first period intermission report.
Milbury believes officials were correct in handing Bernier a five-minute major and game misconduct. He also downplayed a Jarret Stoll hit on Stephen Gionta, which seemingly bothered the Devils’ coaching staff as much as the Bernier call.
Check out what Milbury and Jones had to say in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)