Jun 11, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
Other hockey people took to Twitter to discuss the polarizing topics.
Meanwhile, NBC on NHL analysts Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discussed the Bernier hit on Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi soon after it happened — during the first period intermission report.
Milbury believes officials were correct in handing Bernier a five-minute major and game misconduct. He also downplayed a Jarret Stoll hit on Stephen Gionta, which seemingly bothered the Devils’ coaching staff as much as the Bernier call.
Check out what Milbury and Jones had to say in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)