Jun 11, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
The Stanley Cup finals can be a stressful time for everybody involved — players, coaches, management, officials…and yes, even media relations people.
At no time was this more evident than following New Jersey’s 2-1 win over Los Angeles in Game 5, during which the Devils’ PR team drew the ire of the Kings.
The Kings inadvertently sent out an email to the media that said they intended to delay getting stats to the New Jersey locker room between periods of Monday’s game.
“Jersey PR (whether it was their fault or not) didn’t get stats to our locker room until about two minutes left in the intermission. Our coaches were not happy about this. So we are going to do the same to them tomorrow.
“So unless you hear otherwise from me make sure their locker room does NOT get stats UNTIL about two minutes left to go in the intermission. Even if you literally have to eye the clock and wait. If they ask what’s taking so long just tell them our copy machines are down.”
“Can’t you just email us the stats, then?”
“Our emails are also down.”
“What about NHL.com?”
“Internet’s down, too.”
“How about you just tell me the stats?”
“We’ve all got laryngi…” *makes raspy wheeze noises*
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)