Jun 11, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
The Stanley Cup finals can be a stressful time for everybody involved — players, coaches, management, officials…and yes, even media relations people.
At no time was this more evident than following New Jersey’s 2-1 win over Los Angeles in Game 5, during which the Devils’ PR team drew the ire of the Kings.
The Kings inadvertently sent out an email to the media that said they intended to delay getting stats to the New Jersey locker room between periods of Monday’s game.
“Jersey PR (whether it was their fault or not) didn’t get stats to our locker room until about two minutes left in the intermission. Our coaches were not happy about this. So we are going to do the same to them tomorrow.
“So unless you hear otherwise from me make sure their locker room does NOT get stats UNTIL about two minutes left to go in the intermission. Even if you literally have to eye the clock and wait. If they ask what’s taking so long just tell them our copy machines are down.”
“Can’t you just email us the stats, then?”
“Our emails are also down.”
“What about NHL.com?”
“Internet’s down, too.”
“How about you just tell me the stats?”
“We’ve all got laryngi…” *makes raspy wheeze noises*
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 16
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 19
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)